Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    1.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello everyone,

Firstly thanks for clicking through. My site sells luxury villa holidays and we have had real problems with our live booking solution but we think we've cracked it now. I would really appreciate you taking a look at the site and giving your honest and candid views on what you think. We sell luxury villas so the site has to appeal to the audience that would want to rent one. Does it?

Luxury villas at VIPvillas!!

Thanks

Andy

Member #
    Well, I thought the top of the home page looked nice, but then I scrolled down and the design fell apart. it's very confusing, and I don't think that all of the information is needed right off the bat. It's over-whelming.

Also, the code is ugly. stay away from tables where possible. Use CSS for layout, it will only help you in the end.

have you had a look in FF? there are stray bullets and have-yous everywhere.
    drew beta - Portfolio, Blog500 - Graduate Studies Blog, WP4P - Blog, Life in Beta - Music Podcast for Nerds

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by drewbeta
    Well, I thought the top of the home page looked nice, but then I scrolled down and the design fell apart. it's very confusing, and I don't think that all of the information is needed right off the bat. It's over-whelming.

Also, the code is ugly. stay away from tables where possible. Use CSS for layout, it will only help you in the end.

have you had a look in FF? there are stray bullets and have-yous everywhere.
    Thanks Drew,

We're trying to stuff keywords in on the first page thats the problem with the stuff below the fold. The initial design was just the top of the page but we had no text and so struggled to get anywhere on anything other than our own web name. Obviously not that good when you have no brand and are just starting out. I take onboard fully what you say and I know it is untidy. we need to smarten it up thats for sure. its a work in progress!!

Thanks for your comments.

Regards

Andy

Member #
    keyword stuffing like that can be a dangerous decision, keep in mind that you have to design for your users first and foremost. this is likely to scare anyone away. try using some jquery to form collapsible sections that are better organized. getting people to your site is one thing, but keeping them there is the most important thing.
    drew beta - Portfolio, Blog500 - Graduate Studies Blog, WP4P - Blog, Life in Beta - Music Podcast for Nerds

Remove Ads