Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Please give me a review and suggestions.

THanks

Member #
    Excuse my harshness, I'm just being honest and trying to help.

1. it looks like a template that you plugged images into, the design has no relevance to the actual business.

2. the header looks random, like you just decided to through some images up there because it looked empty.

3. there is no clearly defined recognizable logo, so how will people remember the site later?

4. The layout is flexible, but the amount of products per row stays the same. At higher resolutions the site looks broken and empty

5. The thumbnails could be a touch larger. People like large images, so give them something to look at.

6. Your code is horrifying

I know it's not the most compelling subject matter, but that's your job as a designer... to make the boring look interesting. Why just show tables? why not show people using these tables (at least on the home page and/or landing pages)?

On the up side, it's easy to navigate and your sections are clearly defined.
    drew beta - Portfolio, Blog500 - Graduate Studies Blog, WP4P - Blog, Life in Beta - Music Podcast for Nerds

Member #
    it does look quite a bit better.

I would still bump-up the thumbnail size and make the navigation stand out more. I also feel that the home page should be more impact-full. Try putting a stock photo or something of people at a graduation party or outdoor picnic of some kind. Make folding tables look fun.

The header does look better, but I would shift the number and hours over to the right edge to give the logo some space.

As for the logo, I would either lighten the background shapes, or make all of the letters white. Black on dark green is hard to read. when designing a logo, try printing it in grey-scale at a letter-head size and see if it's legible. if it's hard to read in this format, then you need to make some adjustments. (wow! I just came up with that, but it's actually a good method)
    drew beta - Portfolio, Blog500 - Graduate Studies Blog, WP4P - Blog, Life in Beta - Music Podcast for Nerds

Remove Ads