Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Review please?

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi all! My first post here...I'm quite an old hand at HTML but have never had any formal training, so I imagine my attempts at webdesign are pretty amateur-ish. Anyway, I've just constructed a website for my inlaws' business, renting out a holiday suite in New Zealand, and I was wondering if I could get some preliminary feedback.

Obviously it's quite bare bones at the moment, so any suggestions as to how to spice things up would be really appreciated. It's mainly just plain HTML/CSS since I'm pretty new to anything more advanced than that. I have not started on any SEO yet, but I would like to get them a bit more of a presence on Google searches, etc. in the future.

I'd also appreciate any advice on the Enquiries section - I've never written a form before, and I'm not sure what the best way of handling this information would be. Should I stick with an HTML form, or try Perl, or...?

Again, any help/advice is most welcome!

Member #
    When i click the photographs link, the images on the page are not linked and the layout of the page is not at all consistent with the index page or any of the other four for that matter. I wouldn't have placed the navigation where u have but if u want to keep it there at least make it so that it covers the entire height of the content area. Maybe you could add some more images to the home page as well, the two images by themselves look a bit random.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The blank white page is opened when I press Photographs menu tab.

Member #
    Certainly I think it needs a nice graphical banner of some kind - I'd also move your link to run across the page under the banner rather than on the right - also, maybe remove the bullet graphics..

The photos page - I think you should have it set with thumbnails on the left and the enlargement on the right - right now, the enlargement covers the other photos - so you have to hover out, round and back to get to the next shot.. two of the photos don't appear too.

Remove Ads