Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

View Poll Results: rate the suckage factor of www.justdj.com

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • not at all, ,minor suggestions only

4 80.00%
  • could use a tune up

1 20.00%
  • serious remodelling needed

0 0%
  • If I had a bullet I'd put it out of it's misery

0 0%

Thread: www.justdj.com

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

OK, so I've officially uploaded my site, as a mobile DJ I have to admit that my expertise tends to lean more towards playing music as opposed to html, but I hope you'll be the judge(s).

www.justdj.com

The overall intention of the site is to attract new customers as well as inform them as to different lighting options etc. As mentioned previously I have 0 experience in web design and I know my site could look better. I'm hoping for suggestions on how I can jazz this puppy up so please do not hold back.

Your comments are appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    It's not a bad site, I think it can be improved upon easily. One thing I'd get rid of is the custom cursor. While it's a "cool" thing to put on a website, I don't really like them. I realize the cursor is part of your logo, so that is kind of clever, getting rid of it is up to you.

Also, the nav you have looks good, but I'd try making the text a different color, so it stands out more. The text color doesn't contrast enough with the button's background, IMO. Also, preload the mouseover images.

As far as the logo goes, the only font I like is the one that "DJ is in. The other text is hard to read, and it's kind of hard to tell what the butterfly actually is. Making the text easier to read would drastically improve it.

There's some feedback to get you started, good luck, and welcome to the boards! :ichatcool:

Member #
    Yeah, I agree. Get rid of that cursor, they look unprofessional. I used to have a crosshair on my hosting site, but I got rid of that because it looked odd.

I like the site very much, and it had a nice look. The one thing I dont like is at the top to the left of the logo - The font isn't very nice I dont think, and spoils the look. Maybe go for something a little cleaner.

Remove Ads