Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

EDIT: We're LIVE!!! Transio - Miami Web Development/

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Anyone?

Member #
    This site is really really nice.

But why are some of your blue headings flash elements? They don't do anything - not even a roll over animation - it causes a delay in Chrome as the page loads, and then 3 seconds later, the headings - IE, Safari and FF seem ok (on a pc) but wouldn't a simple image or just plain text get your page to load a lot faster?

As for the design - brilliant! Really Clean and professional

great work?

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Thanks... the flash headings are sIFR - a technology that allows the use of rich fonts in websites using inline flash replacement of heading elements. I used sIFR so we could use Myriad for headings. Think we should switch? I didn't test in Chrome. Seems odd it would work so slowly with sIFR.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I don't know Steve. Something is missing and I can't put my finger on it. I'm thinking it may be the missing "here's the navigation everybody" nav bar. I think the rotating graphics is an awsome development, however, I'm not sure that the top of the home page is where it should be. My judgement tells me to put a nav bar in, but still keep the rotator on the home page somewhere, I don't know. Are the icons going to link somewhere eventually? I'm assuming so and that may help push people in a direction cuz right now, I'm not sure where I wanna go. There's no persuasion. I think some generic user testing and observance would go a long way on this one.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Yeah, the icons are going to link to different pages+tabs of the Services section.

I'm not quite sure I get what you're saying, though... there are many ways to navigate the site: the top (primary) nav, secondary nav on the left, sitemap on the bottom, and links of interest in some pages on the right. I was beginning to think there's too much navigation to the point it might confuse some people.

One thing I am in agreement on, though, is that the navigation FLOW is a little off. I don't like making people multi-click. As such, I have plans to implement a drop-down menu at some point in the near future, after the site is launched.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well like I said, I think when the main nav is working, THEN I think people will have a better direction where to go. I think I was a little lost cuz I kept clicking those icons wanting them to go somewhere! (Like an idiot I kept clicking them thinking maybe it would magically work!)

One other thing, the recent projects page, to me, would maybe make a little more sense if the image box was at the top instead of at the bottom. I think people will expect to see a snapshot of the site right off the bat.

In my other post I didn't mention any good points, but with your sites I think it's obvious that the designs are a notch above the rest, so why brown nose right?
    (Wait, did I just brown nose there?!)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I like your dynamic site menu. But I think it functions slowly a little. i have to choose a tab and than wait for popup opening.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Ok, Got everything working, and fixed some IE bugs, and launched to our live site at www.transio.com

I still have a little bit of content to revise, but it's 99% right now.

Thanks guys!!!

Remove Ads