Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Senior Member shoffman3572's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fullerton, CA
    Posts
    137
    Member #
    16990

    Current Rating

    Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

    Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

    Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

    Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

    Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

    Rate This Site


    Advertisement (login to hide this!)


    You must be logged in to view this site

    We just redesigned our home page, and would like some feedback. We're currently running a test against the older design/layout - so if you get the site with the scrolling JavaScript ad section - you're NOT looking at the right page (refresh). The new page has Ashley Everett (one of the dances in that 'Single ladies' video with Beyonce) as the featured dancer.

    Let me know how you like the design - thanks..

  2.  

  3. #2
    Senior Member shoffman3572's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fullerton, CA
    Posts
    137
    Member #
    16990
    Quote Originally Posted by shoffman3572
    We just redesigned our home page, and would like some feedback. We're currently running a test against the older design/layout - so if you get the site with the scrolling JavaScript ad section - you're NOT looking at the right page (refresh). The new page has Ashley Everett (one of the dances in that 'Single ladies' video with Beyonce) as the featured dancer.

    Let me know how you like the design - thanks..
    Sorry - here's the direct link to the new design!

    http://www.discountdance.com/new_index_page.php

  4. #3
    Senior Member shoffman3572's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fullerton, CA
    Posts
    137
    Member #
    16990

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    415
    Member #
    17793
    Liked
    1 times
    It's a good store! But I think it's not a good solution when the homepage and other store pages has different styles.

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    488
    Member #
    11940
    If you're going to put photos up, have real dancers giving real testimonials. Otherwise, show what the visitor came to the site for -- products.

    The pretty stock photos seem to create an atmosphere, on your end. At the user end, all it's doing is putting one more click between them and shopping.

    Support shopping behavior with visual merchandising, don't support the whims of the graphic designer.

  7. #6
    Senior Member shoffman3572's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fullerton, CA
    Posts
    137
    Member #
    16990
    Quote Originally Posted by DC856
    If you're going to put photos up, have real dancers giving real testimonials. Otherwise, show what the visitor came to the site for -- products.

    The pretty stock photos seem to create an atmosphere, on your end. At the user end, all it's doing is putting one more click between them and shopping.

    Support shopping behavior with visual merchandising, don't support the whims of the graphic designer.
    - thanks for this - you're absolutely right - unfortunately, due to some internal BS politics between our companies marketing department head and the rest of us - they (she!) have (has) more say with how the end result looks. :ermm:

    If I get more feedback like yours, maybe I can build a case to do what we initially wanted - which would be more fitting an e-commerce site.

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    488
    Member #
    11940
    What you want to do is A/B Split run testing. Data trumps politics.

    That's probably one big reason why so few companies test.

  9. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10
    Member #
    18643
    A agree with the poster who suggested having a uniform design theme on all pages. It promotes the impression of consistency the customer will get. Right now, both the front page and the product page designs look nice, but they are projecting different images and communicating different feelings about the company, which may leave the consumer with an uncomfortable feeling.

  10. #9
    Senior Member shoffman3572's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fullerton, CA
    Posts
    137
    Member #
    16990
    Quote Originally Posted by DC856
    What you want to do is A/B Split run testing. Data trumps politics.

    That's probably one big reason why so few companies test.
    we are actually running a A/B test - but the changes forced on us from Marketing happen before the test - making it kind a pointless.

  11. #10
    Senior Member shoffman3572's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fullerton, CA
    Posts
    137
    Member #
    16990
    If anyone was interested in comparing the old front page design to the new one:

    old one: http://www.DiscountDance.com/index_spring09_old.php

    the new one : http://www.DiscountDance.com/index_spring09_new_rui.php


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:44 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2020 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com