Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

My site is a Linkin Park fan site that I have been working of for awhile. I know there is quite a few things I need to do, but all the pages are there. (should be anyway lol) I just wanna know what you like and what I could improve upon. I wanna make it look as professional as I can.

Thanks

Member #
    That guy on the left really needs a haircut.... seriously though, the site looks really good. The fonts for each post are a little small for me though, I would increase the size by 20% and increase the line-height/leading to between 130-140% of the font size, that usually make the type look less crowded and easier to read.

I would also recommend increasing the heading size just a little and maybe making the font bold "strong", it looks a little thin.

Otherwise it look real good... I hope you found by feedback useful, I will be posting our new site in the forum soon, and I always appreciate the opion of anouther good designer.
    Charles ~ i24Designs
    Nashville Web Design | Nashville Seo

Member #
    lol yeah, he's Jewish, he has cut it since that picture was taken...Anyway thanks for the tips and I agree i'll work on it.

Member #
    Nice site. I really captures the nature of the band. Although it seems a bit cluttered, and that could be because of small text size. I would increase the text size and the line height.

Also, I had a look at your code. You seem to have a problem with xhtml. At the top of your code, there is no xhtml doctype. But further down, in the mix of everything else, you have beginning and ending html tags as well as doctypes. You only need one doctype, and that is before the one and only html tag, at the beginning of the file.
    Also, CSS should be stored in an external file, and then referenced to in the head section. It unclutters a lot of your code and makes it easier to update and edit and read.
    Also, you seem to be using a lot of tables for layout. Using DIVs is much better, and completely style with CSS. Tables are meant for tabular data, not laying out pages. DIVs are much easier to edit and to code, and require less work. They are more Search engine friendly and are more flexible.

Also, I would increase the height of the "shout box" by double.

But a nice site!

Member #
    Alright thanks... I have a question tho. I'm still fairly new to css and styles and stuff..

My site is pretty much put together with php includes. Its set up like this
    • index.php
      • content.php
        • sidebar.php & include for cutenews
    Should I link 1 style on every page or link separate styles to each page?

Member #
    On every page, link to the styles that apply to that page.

I would have one large stylesheet to cover universal stuff, and then some smalller ones that only specific pages refer to.

EDIT:

I'll give you an example.

You have one large stylesheet with all of your site's CSS in it. Then maybe in addition to that one, you could have another stylesheet that applies to only one or two pages. Add a reference to this one (as well as the other one) in those specific pages.
    Or you could just have one massive style sheet.

Member #
    ok thanks.

Member #
    Thanks to everyone for the help. I think i finally got the hang of css. I took everyone's advice and the site is looking and moving so much better. I'll be uploading the new version tomorrow after I finish applying the changes to all the other pages.

Member #
    I got everything uploaded. There is still some code im gonna re-write later.

http://linkinpark.digital-human.net

thanks again for your guys' help.

Member #
    The site looks much better!

However, down the bottom of the page, I assume it's a copyright bur I can't read it becasue the navigation button is covering that up. Maybe give the text I can't read a bottom margin of say 20 pixels, then that should fix that problem.

Glad to see you have cleaned up your code a bit, but there's still a lot of non-xhtml tags that shouldn't be there, and lots of inline styling. And there are heaps of tables! I can only see one instance where I would use a table in your site.

But much better!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads