Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    1.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    1.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    2.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    2.5 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I've recently created this website, www.wheretheyfoundme.com, and I'm excited about the potential. I would greatly appreciate any feedback you all have.
    Thanks,
    Sean

Member #
    Looks like a site straight out of the 90's. And I think you actally have enough <div>s crammed in there for no good reason that a gasp! table-layout would be better! I can't believe I actually said that. But seriously....design it, or hire someone to do it for you, if you want the site to go anywhere. A good design doesnt necessarily mean lots of complex graphics, it can be as simple as good typography (which especially means don't bold all of your text) and color scheme. As it is now, most people are going to back-click as soon as they see it.
    Semantic, Valid, and Accessible Design!

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Why is the whole site using HTTPS? It's a pain in the ***.

Also, you may want to number the pages instead of giving them names. Will make your life easier if the site continues for a while.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Ehh...I don't want to be impolite, but the design is horrible! Itís better to use free template then thiiis. For example, you can see the redisigned site for devices for invisible communication (GSM Pen for students and so on). Can you see the difference in colors and used pictures?

Member #
    A made a few more changes to the site today. Thanks for all the criticism, I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions as to how I can change whatever you feel is inadequate.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    The design needs help, as has been mentioned. Concept is cool enough, but you need to have a professional implement the concept for you - registration, comments, ratings, videos, etc, would all enhance the concept greatly (not to mention a professional-looking design!)

In an Internet full of great ideas, you have to do more... you're competing with people who do this **** for a living... if you're serious about making a biz, you have to either know what you're doing or invest serious $$$.

Best of luck!

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    You need to get it off of HTTPS. There is NO NEED for a website like that to be secure. It's also highly annoying!
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    I feel that the site needs a complete redesign. It is not that user friendly and very confusing. It does not meet w3c standards with xhtml and that should be a must. Some things that you can do to make it a better site is add some content like pictures not to many because that will slow it down. One thing that I would do to make it more appealing is create a outer div call it maybe container and center it with margin: 0 auto. My first impression of the site was this is some drunk high school kid trying to learn html and css. I think you need to go through strip out the inline css and put most of it in your style sheet. Most people dont understand that with having inline styles it slows down your site so if you can limit them as much as possible it is a key thing. Last thing that I think will really help is dont use such a heavy font. You need to make it so that people can read this so that they can understand it.

Remove Ads