Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey all,

This is my first post to this forum and I thought the best way to introduce myself would be to offer up my newest design for review. Feel free to nit-pick it apart and be honest in your responses. My feelings are not hurt easily and I actually enjoy constructive criticism. The site is my personal portfolio site and is about 85% complete at this point. I need to add a little more content to a couple of sections and I need to update the portfolio site with more examples of my work while also adding complete functionality to the portfolio section of the site (as of now the thumnail dont work if you click, but I have some cool ideas that are almost done). So have it guys and girls.

Thanks,

Rob ( need2jive)

http://www.need2jive.com

Member #
    I like the nice clean look. Just add this to your body tag
    Code:
    <body style="overflow: auto">
    to get rid of the scrollbar on the side of the page. I would also add a background color to the frame, because the background isn't white for me.

Member #
    Real nice, except I dont like how "boxy" it is. Although it is really clean. Other than the boxy and bright look its ok.

Why do you award dollars in this post?

Member #
    Thanks for the comments guys.

Ryan, the style overflow tip was great. I completly forgot about that! Thanks.

Zeroskater88, you're right. the site is extremely boxy but that was kind of the look I was going for with the simplicity theme. The only way I think that I can change that is by using a different background that utilizing some sort of curviture lineage. If you have any ideas I'd love to try them out.

I thought that awarding dollars would just be a cool way to say hi to everyone so if you respond with a review you'll get a little piece of the pie.

Thanks,

Rob (need2jive)

Member #
    Cool site, I like the look. Simplicity is a very fitting name for it, it's simple yet effective. Only comment I have is about the porfolio: when you click on the Porfolio button on the top, I think it would look better if it opened one of your portfolios in that box, instead of having just the four links at the top and nothing else. Other than that, nice work.

Member #
    thanks for the reply spluf,

I knew something needed to go there but I couldn't decide whether it needed to be a graphic, text, or to go right into the portfolio work. I think your idea is the best because it eliminates a level of navigation which is ideal for usability.

Thanks,

Rob (need2jive)

Member #
    I implemented some of the changes that you guys recommended and added some functionality to the portfolio section of the site. Please check it out and tell me what you think.

Thanks,

Rob (need2jive)

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    interesting idea having the inner glow there. i like the stretching gray bars. good thinking

some nice artwork. the links work pretty weird for it though
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Member #
    I like the artwork you have in the portfolio, but it took me a minute to figure out how it worked. At first I thought the links didn't work, then I realized that the title of the piece was popping up in the bottom box, and a preview button made the work popup in the top box. I think a level of navigation can be eliminated here too by making the preview automatically appear. If users are clicking on a piece, they're interested in it, so dont make them click twice.

One suggestion would be that the preview could automatically appear where it does now, and in the bottom box the piece's title and possibly a short description could be displayed, followed by the "full size" link.

Just a suggestion!

Member #
    your absolutely right about how the preview works. I need to change that. Also I think once I fill in the info section with text describing the artwork it will be more obvious when a user clicks on a thumbnail. I'll make the changes tonight.

Thanks,

Rob (need2jive)

Remove Ads