Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: My Site

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

What do you think? I am still tweaking it, but I do have a lot of the site complete.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Ok,

Colors; I think the pink colors are going to limit your customers. Not too many men looking to have a site made are going to be enticed by the color scheme.

First heading; Sounds like everyone else doing web design. Get a little creative.

Layout; There are some serious layout issues on the home page, FF3 namely.

Font; Arial is the choice font these days, Time New Roman looks a bit clunky.

Header; There is a huge space to the left of the logo which puts the whole header out of balance.

Porfolio; It's confusing. I don't know what those pictures represent.

FAQ; Put some "back to top" links in there. People don't want to scroll that mile long page.

Articles; Don't take your visitors away from your site to read something that you should have on your site.

Pricing; This is my own opinion, but putting prices on something that varies with every little detail is hard to do. Some of your prices may scare some people away. $150 for an additional page? Seems a little steep. $750 for a 3 page site? I realize that a 3 page site could be that high but it's going to scare away someone that wants a "basic 3 page site" without a lot of bells and whistles. The descriptions you give for what you are doing for these sites is basic design duties anyway. I don't see a lot of bang for buck. But pricing is your biz, not mine.

It looks like you do a lot of services but you don't tell of any on the home page besides web design.

Member #
    Thank you for your input..I do have some questions for you then...Let me get them all together...haha.

Do you really think that pink would stop a man from being interested in my particular company? I want a web site that accents who I am as a person...and this is definitely me.I had a lot less pink but it didn't look any where near as good. I changed the font because something about the site was looking too generic...can you maybe pin point what it is? Something still isn't right, but once I changed the font, that took some of the generic look away.

Thank you! I forgot to add those to my faqs page! I knew I missed something important!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well pink may help you get the women on your side! That's just my opinion, but I know I'm not alone.

Remove Ads