Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    5.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Please rate our website's design and structure. We would like to hear as many oppinions as we can get about how we could improve our website's structure, content and images. Visit our website at this address: http://www.intelcomp.org/

Member #
    About Us, your top page, fails both the "what exactly do you do" and also the copywriter's "so what?" test.

It's neither descriptive nor are generic vapid terms translated into benefits for a target user. (And this bodes ill for quality testing)

Let us take a random piece of gibberish about an experienced project manager assigned to your project. What does experience mean? Where's the context which allows the reader to feel confident their project will be handled competently.

Rewriting it for context: Each project manager has a minimum seven years as a programmer and five in a senior management role. What's more the programmers and project manager have worked together before, so you know the project will go smoothly.

Our 7-step project management process is designed to prevent the 5 Reasons Projects Fail. Reason One .....

It's not enough to say we've been in business X years. Plenty of businesses have been repeating the same mistakes year-after-year, never improving, and avoiding bankruptcy by the skin of their teeth.

Explain what you actually learned while in business.

I could go on, and on, and on; filling in missing information. The site looks like a Web 2.0 template, ready for your details to be put in ...but you just never got around to adding the details relevant to a target user.

For example, what is the "special" graphic over the menu. Where on planet earth was this ambiguous, enigmatic menu heading a best practice? It's more like the random "let's pull something creative out of our .....hat" junk a graphic a artist who fancies them self a UI designer does.

This is all well and good for the vast majority of web design shops, shallow and oblivious as they are. It behooves the Quality Testing Firm to at least avoid some obvious mistakes the average site makes.

Finally, even after you've detailed what factors amount to quality and how you test for them and who you are, so what?

What is the payoff, the return on investment in this nebulous, undefined "quality"? Where are the client testimonials? What were the user test results before and the user test results after? What client relevant thing improved?

The competition has little to fear from this site. It may be as simple as the cobbler's children who go barefoot. However, from the casual reader's perspective it looks as though you have a lot to learn about your chosen subject.

jj1
    Member #
    You need some form of slogan at the top telling people what you do - and what makes you good at it/what sets you out from the competition. Don't make me read the content a third of the way down the page to find out what the website is about.
    Some form of visual at the top might also be a good idea. I have no idea what the brown "special" visual is meant to mean.
    On the menu items, there is a blue ------ line about a centmetre above the blue About Us box.
    Under your Software Q/A Testing, some paragraphs have a blank line between them and some don't - this doesn't give me a good impression of your Software Testing.
    Hope this helps.

Member #
    DC856, well my friend what could I aspect more from a guy who works just with templates, I don't intend to offend you in some way but some of your opinions are far away from the trough, for example about the years in business, we are not talking about the years, we are talking about the "lessons learned" based experience, and about other visual things that are missing, this was my mistake, I forgot to mention that this site is still under development and if there are some images that shouldn't be there, it is just because we don't want to leave the site without some visual things but this is just till we have the time to work on this part. And about the Header part <still working on it> just like the user log in part.
    About the client testimonial part, we are proud to say that we work under a "Confidential contract" with our clients in all our business, we do not ask our clients to post testimonials for us (This is way childish) we are not interested in this small things our only goal is that our clients to be satisfied and only this way and only if they feel free to pass on the word about us to recommend us or not.

And by the way! I took a look at your site too, I was wandering who could be this professional guy who made this detailed comment about IntelComp Co.'s site and let me ask you, where are the meta tags? or you are just a designer not a coder? (not that you need to much knowledge for that but still...), How come you don't have a separate css file for your fonts, menu's....? Or that is not a professional way to build a website? And where is the website's icon file? And about the content, I choose not to talk about that like you did, maybe you had time to read all the "straight to message" text from our site, but I don't have the time to read all this non-sense, please don't take this as a negative comment but normally, put yourself in a visitour's shooes and open your site.... who do you think that will read all your posts? Forgive me, but shoulden't a site's content be as sort as possible and straight to the subject or am I mistaken here?

Best Regars.

Member #
    "spiders.text," (or .txt) now there's an oldie. As for the rest, you may want to up the text size in your view source.

I quite understand confidentiality agreements. They can be a problem, but not for testimonials. If you think this isn't important, and you're doing good business, then there's obviously no problem.

Don't change a thing. Great site from my point of view. Good luck with all those clients.

Remove Ads