Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi,

I have just finished creating my web-design portfolio. I feel a design portfolio should be a medium to show a designer's work above all else. I wanted to keep the site minimalist.

All feedback gratefully accepted!

P.S I am awful at catching typo's that slip past MS Word, let me know if you spot one!

Member #
    The navigation bar is severed at the end, leading to another row of buttons which isn't cool. Perhaps it's my screen resolution? I'm using a public computer with an 800x600, so...

Otherwise, I think its an innovative design
    I WILL rule the world someday.
    My Blog!!!
    Check out the Leviathan Chronicles

Member #
    hi,
    the design of your website is quiet good and elegant at the same time i would sugggest you to insert more content about yourself

Member #
    Hi SpikeyByte here,

I have looked at your new site and I must say... I am operating at a high resolution on my current machine and your banners and headers are in my face. I am looking for content. Something to keep me there. I find not enough about either you, or what you can do.

My advice to you is create some content i.e. about yourself, about your work, about the topic in question. I could not see myself staying on your site for very long and this is positive feedback as everyone likes content to read. There happens to be a fine line or you might say a happy medium for providing content to viewers and that is not easy to find.

It all depends on your design template too and what space you can utilise. I have found in my time that even having to change the design template to fit the content is sometimes a must.

Well done and keep at it. Web Design for yourself as a career path or even a hobbie requires continious work and submission of new content. Do not sit on it and think that is it because it will not work. You need to provide something for visitors to keep coming back and possibly refer to you for. I.E. something of interest to them. Simply providing a portfolio does not make you stand out because there are thousands of those sites about and most have not even developed the sites themselves.

I wish you luck in your ventures and please drop me a line when you can.

Kind regards
    SPIKEYBYTE.COM
    The Key Ingredient

Providing home and business users with professional web design, presentation design, logo design, professional hosting and our unique Search Engine Optimization SEO++

Remove Ads