Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Portfolio site

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

EDIT: Although I will keep the above link up for a few more days, the same layout is viewable at my home directory: http://www.kdoster.com

Hello,
    I have recently started an online portfolio containing some of my works whether it be coding, design, websites, etc. You get the idea..I have the main page almost done, but I just wanted a few critiques on the design, etc. I dont have any links up yet because I dont want to get too far involved if I need to make some adjustments. I also haven't finished the footer. I enjoy simplicity and typography rather than extra flashy websites, so please keep that in mind. Web/Graphic Design is not my major, it's just a little hobby I do in my spare time due to my desire to fool around in photoshop. The bottom two div's are just place holders for now, I'll load them with database content, etc. later. Thanks,
    -Kevo
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    Hi,

I just checked out your second site. I like the idea and I certainly like your choice of styling. My only advice I can give you on this one is try not to use those lined images for your header and footers. I feel a nice clean black header will allow your logo and slogan to have maximum effect.

Have you used joomla or some type of cms system for this site or not? That type of image is so popular with those type of cms systems.

Looks good and I will await to see your progessions on this site.

Well done.

SpikeyByte
    SPIKEYBYTE.COM
    The Key Ingredient

Providing home and business users with professional web design, presentation design, logo design, professional hosting and our unique Search Engine Optimization SEO++

Member #
    I also suggest you try use the same layout for your Wordpress blog you are about to start. It should work well.

SpikeyByte
    SPIKEYBYTE.COM
    The Key Ingredient

Providing home and business users with professional web design, presentation design, logo design, professional hosting and our unique Search Engine Optimization SEO++

Member #
    No, I haven't used any CMS for the creation of my site, although I will use WordPress most certainly for the blog. I'll work on fixing the lined images, should be an easy fix..Any other suggestions are welcome, I would probably get more feedback if I got to work on the rest of the site :/
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    One problem I see is the vertical scroll, its just a pet hate of mine. Otherwise cool and about the dotted underline, maybe mag to grid

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by alanmartin2009
    One problem I see is the vertical scroll, its just a pet hate of mine. Otherwise cool and about the dotted underline, maybe mag to grid
    Aight, I got rid of the dotted...Just added a single underline. Im working on a graphic for my contact page and my portfolio page as well. so i'll post that as an update when that gets done
    --Kevin

Remove Ads