Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    1.8 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.6 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.1 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.1 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.8 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Just looking for feedback on my site. NO cms's used in production. let her rip, im not afraid of critisism.:rambo:

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    I have to say that I'm not a real big fan of this design. When I visit the site, the first thing I think is, "What exactly is this web site for?" That big orb in the middle of the home page is taking up space that could be better used to tell us about the business.

In fact, there seems to be a lot of blank space across the rest of the website. The lack of images (and even content) makes the site load faster, but on the same hand, makes the design feel kind of bland. Don't be afraid to throw in some imagery here and there, but make it relevant to the business.

One thing I do like about the website is that it is coded entirely in DIVs. This makes it really accessible, but lends itself to a minor bug in Internet Explorer. The navigation on the left extends itself past the bottom of the box. There may be a few more minor glitches, but I didn't take the time to really look.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Daniel
    I have to say that I'm not a real big fan of this design. When I visit the site, the first thing I think is, "What exactly is this web site for?" That big orb in the middle of the home page is taking up space that could be better used to tell us about the business.

In fact, there seems to be a lot of blank space across the rest of the website. The lack of images (and even content) makes the site load faster, but on the same hand, makes the design feel kind of bland. Don't be afraid to throw in some imagery here and there, but make it relevant to the business.
    I have to agree here. It's obvious you know how to code, but your design is lacking. As mentioned before, the large orb is really unnecessary. The background is pretty bad too... I don't see why a simple color or gradient couldn't be used - your bg almost pops more than the actual content. You are using iFrames... which is a big no no (I'm sure you know why). I don't understand the functionality of being able to close a window with the little "x" box you've created... Why would anyone want to close it as opposed to just clicking a different link? To go back to the big orb?

I've seen you mention to multiple people that they need to get away from the generic dreamweaver look... Not to be rude, but this site is more generic than some of the other ones you've made that comment on.

Your gallery has meaningless images that don't sell your work... in fact, I couldn't find any actual work on there that would make me want to hire your services.

Your "Limits of Service" are quite limiting and I'm afraid may lessen the amount of clients you receive. Why are you against using a CMS system? You could modify one to look very similar to the site you've presented (and much better). It is a great solution to being able to have dynamic content and client can easily update, without having any coding knowledge... I don't know what you have against flash or dreamweaver either... I personally don't user dreamweaver because I like coding the old fashioned way, but I also understand how great of a tool it can be.

Your "site mail" link in the upper right looks very out of place... different font size/color maybe? I dunno...

Why do you present today's date in the header? What does that do for people viewing the site? Is it to just show that you know how to do it (it's not that hard to do...)

"Admin Pannel" is misspelled... panel

Overall, I think the site could use some graphic work and some of the things I mentioned above.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    i know my graphic skills are painfully lacking lmao. sorry no painkillers to hand out.
    but as far as the other things, i could show you an endless display of sites with flash(way more work) with pointless video also overkill to use flash for video as it is intended for interactive design. CMS's are for the designer to build for the client not use on, or do it yourselfers on hosting platforms. the idea of the lack of anything on the home page is simple. you get 15 seconds to not scare off the onlooker, mostly accomplished by information overload on the first page. if it looks long winded it probably is. the orb is just for the eyes like a fountain at a resort. im not going to sleep in the fountain lol. and the close button is yes" just a link" but navigation is key and if they knew how to make one like you could they wouldnt require my services. try not to see everything with designer eyes lol. oh and the spelling. yes i have an 8th grade education lmao. no realy i do. thanks for the spell check, im building one with php for my site currently. i posted the code for suggestions and help in the php part of this site. please do me a favor. dont loose your forward nature.

Quote Originally Posted by stairatthesun
    I have to agree here. It's obvious you know how to code, but your design is lacking. As mentioned before, the large orb is really unnecessary. The background is pretty bad too... I don't see why a simple color or gradient couldn't be used - your bg almost pops more than the actual content. You are using iFrames... which is a big no no (I'm sure you know why). I don't understand the functionality of being able to close a window with the little "x" box you've created... Why would anyone want to close it as opposed to just clicking a different link? To go back to the big orb?

I've seen you mention to multiple people that they need to get away from the generic dreamweaver look... Not to be rude, but this site is more generic than some of the other ones you've made that comment on.

Your gallery has meaningless images that don't sell your work... in fact, I couldn't find any actual work on there that would make me want to hire your services.

Your "Limits of Service" are quite limiting and I'm afraid may lessen the amount of clients you receive. Why are you against using a CMS system? You could modify one to look very similar to the site you've presented (and much better). It is a great solution to being able to have dynamic content and client can easily update, without having any coding knowledge... I don't know what you have against flash or dreamweaver either... I personally don't user dreamweaver because I like coding the old fashioned way, but I also understand how great of a tool it can be.

Your "site mail" link in the upper right looks very out of place... different font size/color maybe? I dunno...

Why do you present today's date in the header? What does that do for people viewing the site? Is it to just show that you know how to do it (it's not that hard to do...)

"Admin Pannel" is misspelled... panel

Overall, I think the site could use some graphic work and some of the things I mentioned above.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    oh and tell me again why iframes are a nono? i have heard this before but i fail to see any reason. back button works fine and you cant view any page other then the home page from external links. and the date is because im selling management, cant have them thinking its not managed. the date looks pretty current, dont you think.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorky
    i know my graphic skills are painfully lacking lmao. sorry no painkillers to hand out.
    but as far as the other things, i could show you an endless display of sites with flash(way more work) with pointless video also overkill to use flash for video as it is intended for interactive design. CMS's are for the designer to build for the client not use on, or do it yourselfers on hosting platforms. the idea of the lack of anything on the home page is simple. you get 15 seconds to not scare off the onlooker, mostly accomplished by information overload on the first page. if it looks long winded it probably is. the orb is just for the eyes like a fountain at a resort. im not going to sleep in the fountain lol. and the close button is yes" just a link" but navigation is key and if they knew how to make one like you could they wouldnt require my services. try not to see everything with designer eyes lol. oh and the spelling. yes i have an 8th grade education lmao. no realy i do. thanks for the spell check, im building one with php for my site currently. i posted the code for suggestions and help in the php part of this site. please do me a favor. dont loose your forward nature.
    you graphic skills aren't painfully bad... i would just rid of the background.

sure, there are some horrible examples of how flash can be utilized... but for everyone one of those, i could show you an amazing flash site that couldn't be done in anything other than flash.

i don't understand your gripe against CMS.

i understand information overload (hopefully you remember my homepage and its obvious non-information overload)... but that image says nothing to your client. maybe a brief statement, catch phrase, or some image that says something more would be more fitting.

why would i avoid seeing with designer's eyes?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    well if you look i took the advice and added a small description on the bottom, and yes flash done well is mezmorising. and you may not but i need to keep one designer eye and one customer eye. this helps to not design on assumed knowledge, this is what leads to cumbersome navigation. i still dont see the big deal about i frames. and CMS's are what a designer builds for the client. or use at a hosting companie for fast mass production of sites. i dont intend to compete in that nitch.

Quote Originally Posted by stairatthesun
    you graphic skills aren't painfully bad... i would just rid of the background.

sure, there are some horrible examples of how flash can be utilized... but for everyone one of those, i could show you an amazing flash site that couldn't be done in anything other than flash.

i don't understand your gripe against CMS.

i understand information overload (hopefully you remember my homepage and its obvious non-information overload)... but that image says nothing to your client. maybe a brief statement, catch phrase, or some image that says something more would be more fitting.

why would i avoid seeing with designer's eyes?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    oh and i am looking for graphics help in my area so soon i should have something, and if you were viewing it with IE7, was the bg blue-ish. i have to go to a cafe to use IE7.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorky
    well if you look i took the advice and added a small description on the bottom, and yes flash done well is mezmorising. and you may not but i need to keep one designer eye and one customer eye. this helps to not design on assumed knowledge, this is what leads to cumbersome navigation. i still dont see the big deal about i frames. and CMS's are what a designer builds for the client. or use at a hosting companie for fast mass production of sites. i dont intend to compete in that nitch.
    yea, it's blue in IE. I don't use IE either, but I have it. also, i'd like to say that in IE, your left navi goes further down in your content. this IS an issue considering IE is the most used explorer.

i understand having a "designer eye" and a "target user" eye... but that doesn't mean i need to forget either one of them when looking at something. we do have two eyes

iframes make it difficult for SEO. apparently, you've found some workaround though.

"CMS's are what a designer builds for the client"???? Who are you designing for if its not the client?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    ok well i wasnt clear. a CMS built around their site. unless you can tie dreamweaver into a site? and search engines use the links from your home page to access content and the content is still their for the search engine to use as opening in an iframe is by using target="nameofiframe" and if the iframe isnt there it opens in a new window or tab. so how does it block search engines and why would i need a work around. and since you mentioned the overextended menu i would say you are operating on old info as the post that mentiond that was given while i was transitioning from a dropdown menu to side nav. its all better now. and at that point the bg was suposed to be blue-ish, now i have a kinda bubble-ish bg.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads