Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

CPW
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.8 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.3 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.8 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.5 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.8 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I've created websites for a few clients over the past few years, and recently I've begun to receive more design work. I've started the design of my own site quite a few times, but other things always got in the way, and by the time I was ready to work on it again, I realized it wasn't very good in the first place.

For the past two days, I've sat down and completely redesigned my site from scratch. I've taken recent interest in minimalistic design, so that's the style I employed with this design. I'm keeping things simple for looks and ease of use, since I have relatively little information to get to viewers, and I want to make a good impression so they will want to possibly do business with me.

That said, what do you think of it? All I have [mostly] complete is the Welcome/Home page as of this post (and some of the text is likely to change, etc.), but other pages will be quite similar to the home page anyway.

I welcome all constructive criticism, suggestions, comments, and praises. I mean well, but please don't be offended if I choose not to use a suggestion; I tend to be quite stubborn when it comes to my work.

Thanks!

By the way, Compeek is my username for almost everything on the Web now (aside from a few places like this where I signed up a long time ago), and it comes from combining 'computer' with 'geek'.

Member #
    I love the simplicity of it. I also think that it looks 'good'. The only suggestion that i had is to consider removing the "valid xhtml/css" at the bottom, as that usually seems like an "entry level developer" badge

CPW
    Member #
    Hey, thanks for the reply! I really appreciate the feedback.

Thanks for the suggestion; I completely agree with what you're saying, and I could use the space for affiliate links instead anyway. They'd be more useful than the validator links, and they'd definitely help with the overall image of the site. Thanks!

Member #
    No problem

Member #
    Personally I think it is too simplistic (but everybody is different). It feels as though it is all merging into one; I know that the middle divs are a slightly darker colour but too me there doesn't seem to be a beginning, middle or end so to speak.

I just prefer to be able to understand what the site is showing me straight away but I had to spend a couple of extra seconds (which could be seen as being pedantic) working out what is what if you catch my drift.

Content-wise I would say it is very good as it lets the viewer know exactly what you can do and why they should choose you. I just just like to see a little bit more of an ...energetic theme so to speak, although I am aware that this may cross over the minimalistic and simplistic lines.

Either way, good job so far.
    Ali Hitch

Portfolio & Tutorial Site
    www.alihitch.com

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    K.I.S.S. well done

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Remove Ads