Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey there,

This is my web design site. I am fairly new to this and have been learning everything myself while completing my fairly useless course of Psychology with Ergnomics at university. Web design is what I am going into afterwards, the site it isn't fully completed yet but any thoughts, quibbles, hints and tips would be appreciated.

I am currently working on modifying/creating my own customised wordpress template/theme blog for the blog section of my site.

Thanks for the opinions!
    Ali
    Ali Hitch

Portfolio & Tutorial Site
    www.alihitch.com

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    i like it but as it looks like you used a site builder i dont vote on site building software.
    looks good though.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    Not a site builder in sight, all created from scratch. I have been learning as I go so not everything is perfect but when I come up with a new idea I work out how to implement it and voila.

It's certainly getting there though. Is there anything about it that you don't like or things that you think should perhaps be added?
    Ali Hitch

www.alihitch.com

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    nah it looks great, but if you have the skill you may attempt to break the mold.

Member #
    the mold? are you suggesting that it looks ...unprofessional?

I am very open to other peoples opinions but I would just like to understand what it is you are referring to.

All positive criticism appreciated!
    Ali Hitch

www.alihitch.com

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    no not unprofesional at all. just very standard.

Member #
    Hey i think this is pretty good.

I don't have many question marks that come to my head when i view this website. I think the load time on some of your images could be a tad faster. But they look good. :thumbsup:

I would also like to see the pages from the portfolio open to "_blank" instead of opening in the main page that way we don't have to navigate backwards.

You get your point across, without being to terribly long winded. Think simple.

Not bad 4/5

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    A couple of things...

Not sure how the frog relates to web design, it looks good because of the colors, but...

There is nothing that says "hey, we are different from the other thousands of web design companies out there". Give them a reason to choose you. The text in the middle is kinda boring, tells about how to design a site instead of why to pick you. Liven it up a little!

The orange tabs look like they should be clickable, but there not. In my opinion, I don't see how web designers can make price packages when every design has a hundred different aspects to it. But that's just me.

The site looks great, just the content is average, and we can't comment on the other pages that are not finished.

Member #
    Yes I agree with you there. The price banner is a big question mark and I have been seriously debating about removing it. It is supposed to be clickable but I am struggling with actionscript which means I cannot 'flash it up' so to speak. I need to get some help with that aspect as everywhere I have gone previously, people have given me shambolic answers.

Yes, the content is a bit wishy-washy. The main aim was to optimize it for the search engines with keywords in the content etc. but it does seem a bit of a pain to read through.

Thanks guys, the comments are great, keep em coming!
    Ali Hitch

www.alihitch.com

Remove Ads