Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Good day!
    Just looking for some constructive criticism on my new website.
    Best!

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    you left the photoshop instructions in your source code LMAO im sorry i cant vote on that. good luck.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorky
    you left the photoshop instructions in your source code LMAO im sorry i cant vote on that. good luck.
    hmm... maybe you are confusing the tutorials she is featuring on her site for photoshop instructions that she used or something and seeing that in the source code. i didn't see anything that were like comments within the code. it was all 'printed'

anyways, here are some of my comments:

- i'm not sure having all your content on one page is a good idea. it's just realllly long, and there are no breaks. also, i'm not sure on this one, but i think it might be bad for search engines. for example, i searched for ajmwebdesigner banners (knowing that you have a section about banner design on your site) and it doesn't bring me to the section on banners, just the main page where i then have to click on banners to take me down to that section. know what i mean?

- i like the fact that you have tutorials. i know that's a good way to increase traffic to your site (thus increasing search engine rankings). i think your tutorials could be better though. they are pretty basic photoshop tricks that MANY other websites feature. try and think of some tutorials that would be unique to your site.

- the website overall is okay, but there's nothing AMAZING about it. there's nothing that make me say, wow, I need to hire this person right away because they are obviously top notch. now, i can't really give you a step by step on fixing this, but i would just try and push the boundaries. do something different.

hope that helps somewhat!

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    ah yes if that was it my bad totally. the image on the front page is pixelated. at any rate it needs more work before i vote. i dont like giving a bad vote unless given the chance to do some last min fixing. no reason to rush. i wont list all the things i see because that would just be telling someone how to do it. and the fact remains it was not hand coded. i do admit i didnt look deep enough to find the tutorial. i will keep an eye and will vote when i can give it a positive one. the last time i gave a down vote i got a bad rep point . im not trying to be rude. this is the type of scrutiny you can expect from the real world. if i had a bugger habging i would want to know.

and no not everything has to be hand coded, but a site of that site:-\

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    I thank-you for your input. It was well received.
    Quote Originally Posted by stairatthesun
    hmm... maybe you are confusing the tutorials she is featuring on her site for photoshop instructions that she used or something and seeing that in the source code. i didn't see anything that were like comments within the code. it was all 'printed'

anyways, here are some of my comments:

- i'm not sure having all your content on one page is a good idea. it's just realllly long, and there are no breaks. also, i'm not sure on this one, but i think it might be bad for search engines. for example, i searched for ajmwebdesigner banners (knowing that you have a section about banner design on your site) and it doesn't bring me to the section on banners, just the main page where i then have to click on banners to take me down to that section. know what i mean?

- i like the fact that you have tutorials. i know that's a good way to increase traffic to your site (thus increasing search engine rankings). i think your tutorials could be better though. they are pretty basic photoshop tricks that MANY other websites feature. try and think of some tutorials that would be unique to your site.

- the website overall is okay, but there's nothing AMAZING about it. there's nothing that make me say, wow, I need to hire this person right away because they are obviously top notch. now, i can't really give you a step by step on fixing this, but i would just try and push the boundaries. do something different.

hope that helps somewhat!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorky
    ah yes if that was it my bad totally. the image on the front page is pixelated. at any rate it needs more work before i vote. i dont like giving a bad vote unless given the chance to do some last min fixing. no reason to rush. i wont list all the things i see because that would just be telling someone how to do it. and the fact remains it was not hand coded. i do admit i didnt look deep enough to find the tutorial. i will keep an eye and will vote when i can give it a positive one. the last time i gave a down vote i got a bad rep point . im not trying to be rude. this is the type of scrutiny you can expect from the real world. if i had a bugger habging i would want to know. and no not everything has to be hand coded, but a site of that site:-\
    Actually, my website was hand-coded. But thanks for the response.
    Best,

Member #
    Display different category of designs in separate pages. That will reduce the downloading time. Otherwise , when you will put more samples , the page will take a long time to complete.

Remove Ads