Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    5.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi all,
    I'm currently building an English portal for the beautiful island of Ishigaki which I live on - it's part of Okinawa, but positioned way south near Taiwan.
    This is my first website and I've used Drupal to build it. Criticism would be great to hear - people always say that the pictures of pretty but I'm concerned that the design itself needs some work.
    I'm currently trying to decide on the advertising banner area width at the right of the page. I'm thinking of extending it to allow for adverts up to 300 in width.
    Also, I've been toying with the idea of moving the menu to the left of the page as I'm quickly running out of room - although I'm not a big fan of verticle menus. Plus, this would limit my advertising area on the right.
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    Regards,
    Richard

Member #
    Hi nice site design. The menu bar it little old styled. Also if u put the right side images in some frames then it will look better

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    i think its fine. the pics load a bit slow but they are very crisp.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorky
    i think its fine. the pics load a bit slow but they are very crisp.
    Thanks Dorky. I take quite a bit of pride in my photography and post-processing so I always find it hard to up the compression on the pictures...I think that I probably should though, at least for the home page. I may even reduce their width to make way for a verticle menu but I'm torn between ideas at the moment.
    Thanks for the feedback.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshop
    Hi nice site design. The menu bar it little old styled. Also if u put the right side images in some frames then it will look better
    I think you're right. The menu is looking rather dated. It came with the theme and I'm tempted to update it now. Three-level suckerfish menu items don't work with it currently so I need to do some work if I decide to keep it as a horizontal menu. Still, I'm considering a verticle one instead.

Remove Ads