Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Website Crit.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I just finished the layout for my new website. Ive included some pics from my PS layout . Let me know what you guys think ok.

The top page is my index page and the bottom is one of my gallery pages. The rest of the websites format is nbased ont hese two pages.

Any critiques are welecomed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    There are many things I don't like about this site.

For starters, the highlight blue-fuscia color hurts my eyes. It also doesn't complement the other blue-grays at all. I suggest you decrease the red and desaturate it a little to get a better match.

Next, I don't like the over-simplification of the design. You're essentially diminishing all visual elements except for a few overlying polygons... all consisting of right angles. Try to spice it up a little. This is supposed to be a designer's portfolio, so it should be at least as well designed as the designs on display within.

Your spacers are not of equal separation. The white spacer in the index page and the fuscia spacer in the portfolio page vary in pixel width/height. Make all your separations of equal size for consistency and neatness.

Most of your fonts are illegible.

Your thumbnails are not of the same size or shape.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Despite all that, it's a good start. I like the unconventional layout. Keep working on it... I wanna see where it leads

Member #
    Interesting idea, but I think it needs to be cleaned up a little. I agree that the bright blue on the homepage is out of place, it takes over the page and makes everything else hard to read.

Also, the way "artwork" is seperated from the rest of the nav, I would have assumed that the top image is the artwork page if you hadn't told us it was the home page.

Interesting idea, and very abstract, which is good for a portfolio. Now I think it just needs to be a little more friendly on the eyes.

Member #
    Yeah I definetly think this is the first draught of something that could turn out good. Transio and spluff really said it all, get all the nav elements together and calm down on the blocks of colour. Additionally I think its important that you do something about the title logo on the main page. It totally dosen't work being plonked in there interupting those lovely straight blocks of colour, clashes. Move the whole title into the one space the more confusion you cut out of it, the better. Make sure to post up your next version.
    www.appletv.co.uk

Remove Ads