Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

jj1
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I've created a website for a small property company: http://www.quickhousesale4me.co.uk/
    The company is primarily looking to offer a quick house purchase if someone finds themselves in a situation where they must sell fast. They also have a small portfolio of properties that - eventually - they might advertise via the website rather than via letting agents.
    Would be interested in any comments.

Member #
    Too much blue. No problem going with a monotone color scheme, but you might want to mix some black in there for contrast or use some other shades of blue. Also you should try adding some additional texture by using drop shadows or gradients. The design is too flat and basic.

jj1
    Member #
    rhwebs - many thanks for your reply. Will think about the texture point. Does anyone else like/dislike the colour scheme?
    The site is primarily geared towards appealing to someone who needs a quick house sale (eg through financial difficulties, relocation etc) and so I don't really want it to be too gimmicky as this - in my opinion - makes sites appear less trustworthy.
    Would appreciate any other comments.

Member #
    Yes I agree. Way to much blue. Plus the text doesn't look very professional because it's hard to tell between the H1, H2 tags and the regular text. Perhaps make the regular text smaler? Also I was getting confused with the text on the left and the text in the middle. If you're going to make the left side an image, but use basic fonts liek Arial then a- either make it more entertaining rather then a boring flat arial text or make the left side actual text. To me this website doesn't look very creative to me, but it's just my opinion. Kind of looks like something I can do in paint. Which as a web designer/graphic designer you want to do something that your client's can't do. I'm sure putting a bunch of images together with a border around them and putting shapes on top of eachother is something they can do.

Sorry to be so harsh - I'm not trying to be rude just trying to help you out.

Remove Ads