Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Recently my site has been through many revisions, many of which appear like a blog rather than an actual business site (which it's supposed to be). I would like some thoughts on the layout and design of my new site and also on the way my menu bar works. Critics welcome.

Member #
    I think the compound tabs could be a bit confusing, and the copy is devoid of any real information about why anyone should hire you.

Otherwise, it's fine. It is not "blog like." Business like? ...not so much. The site would have to be much more concerned with providing a compelling sales message for that.

Member #
    I figured the menu bar may be a little confusing (thinking about drop-down).

the copy is devoid of any real information about why anyone should hire you.
    how do you mean?

Member #
    Welcome to Bluco Software, formerly known as BlueFire. Due to many companies running under the same name and selling the same services, we decided to change our name in order to keep our originality. Though our name has changed, our quality of service has not. We have only gotten better at what we do.
    This is all about you. Nobody cares.

"...better at what we do" is absolutely devoid of any context. The only way anyone has a notion of what got better is someone with telepathy.

Nothing convinces me to go deeper to look at the portfolio. You have a laundry list of SE terms, not compelling copy humans need to make the decision to do business with you.

Let's take just one sub element, web hosting. Check out this hosting provider.

In order to understand what's information, you have to know your customer.

Member #
    ok, i see. I think the reason it's like that is because I wanted it to be a personal portfolio and a business portfolio/site at the same time. Either way, good to know, I'll start rearranging/rewriting some stuff.

Remove Ads