Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    2.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello, people!

Trendog.com is a Market research site. My partner and I filled it with handpicked products, from several different categories. This our first step.

Please take a look on the site. Is it user friendly? is it nice to visit?
    Do you find it useful?
    What do you think of fonts and graphics?

Your criticism is welcome and needed.

Thank you in advance,
    Dana

Member #
    Dana,

The load time for each page is incredibly slow - to the point where it may deter users from visiting at all (could potentially be the time of day that I am viewing, if database is being backed up or something server-heavy of that nature, if not, it may be lack of resources by the host or your server).

I like the interface on each product listing page - very easy to navigate and visually appealing. The menu on the top of each page is a little difficult to read because of the low contrast between the white/orange and the light gray background. Also, as you reach the bottom of the page for a product listing, the lighter gray color detracts from the demarcation of the content boxes and dividers, making boundaries of the information difficult to see at first glance. I would also check your pages in the W3C validator ( http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...ww.trendog.com ) to catch some errors in your markup.

As a general rule, its best to use sans-serif (like Arial, etc) fonts for headings, and serif (Times, etc) fonts for bodies of text. This is kind of subjective, but many agree that they are easier to read in these respective roles - on your page this is reversed.

Overall, cool idea for a site/business, nice graphics, fairly clean design. Best of luck --

jj1
    Member #
    The site looks nice and the logo is very clever. However, the large visual of the dog on the home page doesn't do anything to tell me what your site is about or to encourage me to look further. In my view, it's a waste of key space that should be used to sell your site - the small dog on top of the content section of your back pages works far better.
    I think you need some form of home page visual that shows people what your site does and why it can be useful to them. - Maybe rotating images / slideshow images with bread machines, shoes, car seats etc and a caption that says - use better words - "learn about the pros, the cons, the features ..."? Or maybe a collage effect of smaller images?

Member #
    bhewitt, Thanks a lot for reviewing my site and writing it down so clearly.
    I will surely check all the issues.
    The loading issue my partner will take care of. As for colors I agree that orange is not the best choice, I am checking how I can improve it.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jj1
    The site looks nice and the logo is very clever. However, the large visual of the dog on the home page doesn't do anything to tell me what your site is about or to encourage me to look further. In my view, it's a waste of key space that should be used to sell your site - the small dog on top of the content section of your back pages works far better.
    I think you need some form of home page visual that shows people what your site does and why it can be useful to them. - Maybe rotating images / slideshow images with bread machines, shoes, car seats etc and a caption that says - use better words - "learn about the pros, the cons, the features ..."? Or maybe a collage effect of smaller images?
    jj1,
    Thanks for taking some time to review my site and pointing on important issues.
    I agree that the big dog picture doesn't appeal to the sites purpose. We (my partner and I) thought that people will mostly get to the product pages from search engines and focused our energy there. I like your idea of a slideshow, I think we will use it.

Thanks, Dana

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I don't think the picture of a dog is a big problem.The thing is when I don't know what it all is going to be about, it becomes more interesting for me to check upirate:

Remove Ads