Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: aiasunlv.com

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello all,

Finishing up a new site for an organization at my university (University of Nevada Las Vegas) called the AIAS (American Institute of Architecture Students). There are still some loose ends that need to be tied up... i.e. optimization, pages filled out, few more things in the sidebar, etc... For the most part though, the site is complete.

Let me know what you think. Likes/dislikes. Comments/criticisms, etc...

Thanks all! Look forward to hearing from you.

http://www.aiasunlv.com

Edit:

P.S. You can refresh the page for three different banner options. Thought I'd point that out!

Member #
    Hi :classic:
    Looked at your site.
    The visual is very colorful and catchy, I like that.
    The navigation is smooth , but sophisticated (can be either pro and con).
    It took me about a minute to adjust.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Trendog
    Hi :classic:
    Looked at your site.
    The visual is very colorful and catchy, I like that.
    The navigation is smooth , but sophisticated (can be either pro and con).
    It took me about a minute to adjust.
    Thanks for the response

I agree, the navigation is 'different.' I wanted to consolidate all the links, blog entries, categories, social networking, into one area (the [tool]panel). I'm interested to see how this flies with you guys and the general user.

May I ask what you mean when you say it took a minute to adjust? Do you mean it took a minute to slide down?

Thanks!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by stairatthesun
    Thanks for the response

I agree, the navigation is 'different.' I wanted to consolidate all the links, blog entries, categories, social networking, into one area (the [tool]panel). I'm interested to see how this flies with you guys and the general user.

May I ask what you mean when you say it took a minute to adjust? Do you mean it took a minute to slide down?

Thanks!
    No, it's slides smoothly, worked perfectly in my browser (mozilla) :classic:
    The adjustment period was needed for understanding what it is I am seeing.
    First I got the vivid colors of the middle, which are very eye attractive , why can't I click on them?

Then I saw the navigation beneath that. There is no border between the text and background, that makes it a bit hard to read.

And only then I tried the [tool]panel

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Trendog
    No, it's slides smoothly, worked perfectly in my browser (mozilla) :classic:
    The adjustment period was needed for understanding what it is I am seeing.
    First I got the vivid colors of the middle, which are very eye attractive , why can't I click on them?

Then I saw the navigation beneath that. There is no border between the text and background, that makes it a bit hard to read.

And only then I tried the [tool]panel
    Thanks for getting back to me.

I don't know why you can't click on the banner... any ideas for what it would do when you clicked? What it would link to?

So, the long buttons are hard to read? If so, I'll look at that, thanks for the response. I didn't find them hard to read, but I'll grab some other opinions and make a verdict.

Thanks again!

Member #
    I don't know why you can't click on the banner... any ideas for what it would do when you clicked? What it would link to?
    From the content there is now to the "who we are" page I suppose.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I agree with you guys, that navigation isn't perfect.Having seen plenty of other works, I also expect the others be so visitor friendly.But as I see you already got it.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by andr104
    I agree with you guys, that navigation isn't perfect.Having seen plenty of other works, I also expect the others be so visitor friendly.But as I see you already got it.
    Thanks andr104, although I'm having a hard time figuring out what you mean? So, you're saying although the navigation isn't working its much better than other sides you've been to (and you've been to a lot)?

Thanks for the response!

Banned
    Member #
    Nice site man. Original. Good job.

Member #
    Hmm...it seems as though the scroller-thingy on the front page is set to recognize to scroll when the cursor is positioned over a certain group of pixels on the front page. In other words, when I click the Tool Panel and move my mouse around near the bottom, the scroller also shifts. I don't like that, although I really do like the concept of it. I think you should somehow make it so that only when the cursor is over the object does the object perform what it's designed to perform.

Also, the site is a teensy-bit too slow. That's probably the graphics, which I like, so that's not too much of a problem.

Another thing is that there is no way to get back to the homepage from each of the individual pages. Perhaps make the logo a link?

But other than my picky little problems, it's a great and original site. Very clean and attractive.
    I WILL rule the world someday.
    My Blog!!!
    Check out the Leviathan Chronicles

Remove Ads