Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    5.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

How would you spice up my website ?

i was thinking about a 5-10 px wide multicolor line at the very top of the page

Member #
    Design's not bad. The line idea is alright, it seems a little reserved though. I would say pick a color and span it across the top of the site to encompass the title. If not that, maybe put the title block in a colored bubble, much like your content on the left is in the white bubble.

Member #
    The bubble around the title is actually pretty cool. i want to keep the whole thing pretty minimalistic. thanks for this idea, i'll think about it

Member #
    1. Writing which is "spicy."

2. Don't bury the photos.

If you're selling layouts -- spice up the layout.

When you're selling what's inside the layout -- spice up the the content and have the layout support it. The current design does that perfectly -- and that is its flaw.

The current concept of having the layout act as a crutch for bland white bread content is, to the chagrin of many, drawing to an end. Your content either catches attention or it doesn't.

i was thinking about a 5-10 px wide multicolor line at the very top of the page
    Do you know what I'm looking at? A thumbnail gallery -- muticolored, line shaped, 'bout that size -- riding page bottom.

Uh... am I missing something here?!?! It's a trick question ...right?

Member #
    Well the thing is, i'm not selling anything at all. this is gonna be a personal website, nothing more.

i'm asking in pure terms of design color and layout. i'm not looking for this website to be particularly popular, otherwise i'd have chosen a SEO friendly layout...

The photo line displayed at the bottom is interesting i'm gonna try to do that . Thanks for the input

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    There is too large contrast between the whole backgroung (which is dark grey )and the main text background (which is white). I think you need to diminish this contrast by changing the color scheme.

Remove Ads