Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I posted below this about starting my own design for my DJ business, this is a design I bought running a drupal script (for a real cheap price actually) that's currently hosting 400 members with ease and is 100% functional for what it needs to do. I wanted to get other peoples opinions on this website if i could. It's http://www.recycleconnect.net

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    Jon,

You've been posting those URL's on various posts within WDF.
    If you're just trying to get your URL listed for ranking (like a spammer),
    then please remove them.

If you're actually interested in participating on WDF, let us know.

Many "first-time" members are posting many links to websites, but not
    participating ... that is against WDF posting rules. So let us know what
    your intentions are, and why you've posted 3 threads so far with those URL's.

Thanks.

Member #
    I've actually posted it twice i believe in different forums on thsi website but each were actually for different questions. I can promise you i'm not a spammer and don't need the links up on here for search engine rank purposes. I maybe a newb at web design but I've been doing SEO for years and do SEO as a full time job now. Having the URL up on this forum would actually do my no good as far as search engine ranking and would only hurt me by getting traffic to my site. No one here is going to be interested in signing up for a B2B scrap trading website, this is nowhere near the target market. It's jsut going to be useless traffic coming to my site so people can give me there opinion.

Sorry if you felt I was trying to spam this forum but I am not. Forum spamming is rather useless for search engine ranking not to mention it will get you banned and your link taken down rather quick anyways. So my question stands and i am very serious about asking opinions. My other post was a question on an article I came across and wanted opinions on. I just stated that I already owned a website I bought and posted my website so people didn't see this post and think im asking for help when I designed this site.

Does that make sense? I hope so and I apologize.

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    I don't know much about the topic (recycling and pricing).
    I guess for someone that knows the industry, it seems like they
    can search and find thing fairly easily.

The choice of using Drupal was a good one.

I think the main page is good in that I knew exactly what the site was about.
    Even though it's not my area of business, I would know right away if I should
    stay on the site or not. That's a good thing.

All images should have "alt" and "title" tags to help with accessibility for those
    with non-visual browsers. This is sort of important with navigation buttons that
    are images and not text.

Is there a way to connect the "for sale" and "wanted" on things that
    are close to exact? Meaning, if I posted a bunch of iron "for sale" and there was already
    a bunch of iron "wanted", I would be connected to them immediately? It could
    be associated with my area?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    the only thing i would ad is a hover effect on the main top left nav buttons to indicate you are on it. other then that, great site. time well spent.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Remove Ads