Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I believe no, lol. I have just went live with my first ever...all comments are appreciated. Am thinking of using googles ppc? any suggestions or success stories for the ppc? thanks all...

Member #
    I seriously doubt the web has matured enough to say a site can't be improved.

The site in question can certainly be improved upon. The text and pictures seem to be a hodge podge, have one text size, one color, and use subheads for different sections. Photos should be captioned.

Rather than random, whatever we can jam in photos, tell the story that's in the text. (Contrary to web design opinion, that's what photos are for). Start with the catch. Show flash freezing on the boat. Show processing dockside. Show refrigerated trucks taking the catch to the table. Caption the photos.

And have photos of customers -- like restaurant owners -- giving a testimonial.

Gift boxes doesn't look clickable, but is. This is a crucial call to action element, it should be separated into a photo and something which clearly looks like a button.

There's a lot of what looks to be cute Javascript junk that didn't load.

I think the site needs to strip down to basics, lose the tables for CSS, and formulate a clear purpose for the page. Have one coherent story building the credibility of what is now purely an unproven claim to freshness. (Preferably one column, one color: black, one size text with one headline size and one subheading size.

Right now the theme of the site is "Yippee, looky what I can do: I am a Web Designer!!!" It needs to become buy your seafood from us -- here's why.

Member #
    thank you very much for your time in the response; points are well made and taken, i will work on your suggestions, thanks again..

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    No site at that link.

Regarding the question you pose: "finished" is not a term you can really apply to the web, as it's a dynamic, temporaneous medium (an extension of marketing, which is never "finished" either). Even if you have a "finished" design, your content should constantly change to reflect the changing status of your business.

In addition, web design is not a medium that defines style in classical methods. There is no "genre" or "period" for web design. Style on the web is constantly evolving, as it's based on fashion and fads, and changes rapidly. If your website was built in 1999, even if it was a great 1999 website, it is not a classic. It's out of date. It's not like music, automobiles, architecture, or fine art, where the great works are remembered as timeless classics. You have to constantly stay "up to date" to maintain a professional appearance, just like with advertising.

For these reasons, I'd say a website is never "finished". Even though you may have completed your current task, you'll have more work to do on your site very shortly.

Member #
    no, not very shortly, everyday, now even, lol
    i learn something new everyday that should have been done yesterday,
    thank you very much for your comments they are greatly appreciated

Remove Ads