Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: biiiig project

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

For of biz i decided to create an ad based site for the local night life in my area. i want this site to be top notch before i launch. please review the code using the w3 validator, i dont expect it to pass as i am using css3 so it will error out but it is the best way to get a look at the current stae of my code. vote on whatever you want but i am also looking for code feedback as well for those of you that know what you are looking at. i have a long way to go but i need to finalise the actual layout before i continue. most of what is left is backend but not all. thx much in advance and please dont be kind because the end user will not spare me so i dont expect you to. and last but not least, i will tighten it up for IE at the end of the project, for now views in firefox or safari is my concern. thx agian.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    Okay well since you mention it, I really can't be kind here... at least visually. The little stars background is terrible. I can see stray pixels all over the place in each little star and the background concept itself looks like something you snaked from win95. That being said, I would go with something a bit more clean and modern - if you want to stay with the 'stars come out at night' theme, that's cool, just consider something a bit more free-form than checkers, and definitely pay close attention to every pixel if it's going to be a repeating background. A lot of my all-time favorite background images end in the first 200 pixels though, so that's also something to consider.
    Your fixed position ad column is a great idea, but you need to make sure the main body div is adjusting accordingly when the window restores down for example. So tweak the margins there and you should be good to go. I would lose the padding on your post header, it just makes it look "squampus" next to the other text, for lack of a better word.
    K that's all I've got :-) a couple quick fixes and you should be A-OK.
    Utah Web Design { Pimpin(it); } - ENJOY yo-self

Member #
    On a widescreen monitor your navigation menu is all the way on the right of the screen while the content only takes up a small portion in the middle. You could center your divisions and limit the width to fit better on a smaller monitor. I noticed your CSS is not stored in a seperate file. This may be troublesome if you have to go through every page to change something. That's the whole point of having your CSS in a separate file. The background doesn't bother me so much as the huge amount of negative space created around your divs and even within them. The color gray is boring, how bout some more color?

Member #
    The design is very boring and looks like a website that was made in 1995. I didn't check out the coding, but everything seem ok. Honestly the design won't compete with today's market on websites because it looks very old fashioned and amateur.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The design of your site looks dated! To make your site more competitive you need to modernize its design obligatory. But your idea is original, however. If you correct the mounting of your site it has all the chances to become popular.

Remove Ads