Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

So, I first got my start in web design when I got obsessed with reworking my myspace... heheh. I would cover it with a giant div, and make my own site on top of that. It was a lot of fun.
    After that I experimented with free domain hosting etc.
    I got my first job, and made a website for a local company...who later went bankrupt and never used my site. But it was good experience.
    Now, I've made this site for my old high school's football team.
    They wanted a clean interface, based primarily around documenting each game as the season went along. They were really picky and annoying when it came to making the header and positioning the flames, but it turned out okay.
    Let me know what you think.
    I haven't had a professional opinion yet.
    Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    i would add a nav bar, the next button is cool if you have reppeatative content but even tho its close i would say its dif enough to use a nav bar. also the load bar for the moving images is not needed for gif images, i would find another way to implement them. the directions to... you could use google maps for this. google has made use of their maps very easy and give easy to follow instructions on how to fit it in to your code. for a beginer it looks good. personaly i find templates more challenging then just creating my own layout.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    Explain what you mean by nav bar.
    Just a navigation menu? For what?
    Which content are you referring to?
    And for the load bar on the slideshow on the home page... it picks 20 random images from that game each time the page is refreshed. Why is the load bar not necessary? Should it just be blank while it loads?

Member #
    Bump. Anyone?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    its wasted real estate. you could put in a static blank. but you shouldnt need a load bar just because its picking random photos. because its not an interactive image it could be done in php and would not require load bars.
    and yes, you already have navigation,and yes i see you have a nav for other things but at first glance it blends in and i didnt notice it. "more articles" as you go forward you loose the ability to nav backwards unless you use the one at a time next and previous. nav is the most important part of a site and loosing the ability to nav forward and backward on a single click is poor design. the next and prev would be fine if it was a continuation of the same article.

also google cannot index anything in nav that requires javascript to operate.

this is not in any way intended to be slight against the site. if you see my post on here i expect the same. the end user will not spare their opinion and we are here to refine our work to its fullest postential. i didnt vote because its a template, i cannot give you a vote on someone elses work.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The site of extreme beauty! I appreciate the design! The site was downloading for about 30 seconds - that's quite quick, I think! It functions perfectly in my browser- Mozilla Firefox.

Remove Ads