Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    5.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I could have created this website from scratch, but I opted for using a free template as a VERY basic outline to help provide me with a basic foundation for my "home" on the internet. I modified many of the template elements (header size-reduced, left column-major changes and additons, and more). The empty "editable regions" will be used for Google AdSense ads, user feedback forms, surveys, or other interactive content.
    This is my first foray into using CSS with a "styles.css" file. I'm still learning, with much of it being trial and error, but I understand the importance, versatility, and standard that CSS has become in web design.
    While this website will take many months and quite possibly as long as a year for me to complete, I do have the basic outline and some examples of the way "rich content" will be found and presented.
    The number of articles for each subject (Money, Mating, Mind, Mojo, and Muse) will be me more numerous in the finished site, which is why it will require a very lengthy building process. As long as I consistently write and create new content on a regular basis, then I should be ready to begin actually promoting and driving content to my site within 6-9 months. I can't hold an "open house" on an empty lot with only a foundation. I'll have to wait until there's a roof, floors, and at least the basic furnishings, before I begin inviting my friends, neighbors, and countrymen.
    To view some articles that are posted, so you can follow the links, review the navigation, and see the article presentation - choose either:
    MONEY >> then top link on that next page > > then the top link on the following page = first article (still in progress).
    Or you can view another navigation and articles presentation by choosing the following menu options:
    MATING > > "top article on next page"
    There are currently NO broken links, just page layouts without content. I'm trying to personally write at least 2-3 articles per week. I've been involved in reading, researching, and studying SELF-IMPROVEMENT in ALL areas of human life, whether it's ALL the elements of "MONEY - Online Business/Internet Marketing, Saving on every day spending, etc.," or "MATING - Dating, Relationships, Pick-Up Artist Techniques, etc." or "MIND - Subconcious Learning, Law of Attraction, Brain Exercises," or "MOJO - Body Health and Fitness," or "MUSE - Creative processes, entertainment, and enjoyment of life."
    I thought I'd get some somewhat professional opinions on what I've got thus far, just in case I really need to start from scratch with the basic layout/design.
    Thanks in advance for any input, feedback, or constructive critisism.
    Thanks,
    SillyLittleBoy

Member #
    the layout is pretty solid, if perhaps a bit boring... but the graphics do need some help (sorry hafta say it). One common mistake from first or second timers is to find a graphic that looks useful to you and then stretch it to fit your layout without first considering the pixel dimensions it was created at... pretty big boo-boo, that, because it causes pixel distortion that makes your graphics LOOK "amateur." It sounds rude as crap but I don't mean it that way, but you probably ought to spend some hours practicing tutorials for photoshop and illustrator until you can get clean looking graphics for yourself consistently... It's my best advice because the alternative is to pay for professional looking ones from someone else. :-) ---why is that necessary you ask? because people don't trust online merchants anyway, without the added obstacle of looking unpolished, know what I mean?;-)
    Utah Web Design { Pimpin(it); } - ENJOY yo-self

Member #
    No need for apologies on any critisism, since it's all constructive. I'd rather have the totally honest brutal truth, than some sugar-coated comment.
    I assume when you're talking about the graphics you're referring to my banner, which I had already thought was looking a bit "too busy" and needed some re-working.
    Thanks for the comments,
    SillyLittleBoy

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I appreciate your work! I've never visited such sites before The information on the site doesn't seem extra ordinal, but every person needs to know there things to be happy in his everyday life. I like both the design and the navigation of your site. All I can suggest you is to add some bright colors to the first page, but in the whole your work is really excellent!

Member #
    Your head image just killed my eyes

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbymington
    Your head image just killed my eyes
    How did you find the submit button? :-D

Remove Ads