Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: islandsanta

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.3 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.3 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.7 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.7 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

first for profit site, have a look. any blank pages are up to the client to fill in as i built in custom a cms with php so the content is on his part. layout, graphics, and functionality was my part.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    Well it's very simple and once there's more content, it'll start to look better I'm sure. I would move your navigation from the right, to the left or center. Certainly consider moving those links from the bottom right hand corner of the page - I didn't notice them at first.

Also consider not using the whole width of the screen. I'm not sure how much content is going to be added, but right now, those large blank areas don't look good to me. Perhaps consider putting your content in the center of the screen, in a container 800 px wide.

On the possible side - everything loads pretty quickly, and all your links work. And it looks like all your php is working too.

Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It looks nice! I appreciate the coloration But at your place I would change the color of the basic text from blue to dark blue - so it'll look brighter!

Member #
    If your looking for professional opinions, it's a pretty basic starter site. I wouldn't be happy if I paid for that site

Member #
    I'll come right out and be honest, in terms of a professional site design, it's terrible. I would never pay for something like that. The graphics look terrible, are those actually pictures of him on a beach? Because it looks like a bad photoshop job to me. The color scheme looks like it was made in the 1990's and the navigation is terrible with links on both the side and bottom.

Also, maybe this isn't your job, but whoever put the writing on the home page needs to learn proper grammar, there's reason there should be spelling mistakes with spell check. I'm not trying to be harsh, but I'm giving a professional opinion.

Member #
    Your code could do with a little cleaning up, there seems to be a lot of unnecessary br tags in there. And you should put your css in a separate file.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    yes, it was bad. very bad. gota start somewhere. but even tho he payed he never took it seriously, no input on what he did or did not like or want. starting to think it was a cover for income reporting. no matter, i sent him elsewhere. by the by, i didnt do the pics, im not that bad

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    any chance of removing the shameful link? please please please
    I DIDNT CREATE WHAT IS NOW ON THAT SITTE and no longer control any part of it.

Remove Ads