Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.3 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.7 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.3 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.3 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.7 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi everyone.

I just recently created a site based on what I'm interested in - computers.

Helping people with them, programming, gaming, and the works.

Please tell me what you think!

But first, please disregard the logo and navigation being slighty pushed down, that is a CSS error I'm trying to fix.

My site is:

http://computernewbies.vlexo.net

I could also use some more members on the forums to help me get started :-p ;-)

Member #
    good choice and thinking because there are many guys new to computer and they don't know how to use the computer and how to play or Install the software.
    your site will help these guys.

Member #
    Thank you. How do you think it looks and functions?

Member #
    The logo at the top is pixelated, if that's the look your going for use a pixelated font. I would take the search bar and calender in the right column and put them into the middle column then put your content (blog posts) front and center. Three columns don't really seem necessary. I would also move the blog posts above the recent forum posts. If the forum is going to be the focus you could do away with the whole site design and just make it a forum putting your blog posts in a category. You have too many categories in the forums, try to narrow it down to broader topics or use sub forums. Don't rely on java and flash so much. Lastly, more content!

Member #
    Thank you for your opinion.

First, the logo doesn't look pixelated to me. It looks smooth.

Second, I have other content I need to go in the center, so I can't really move the posts. And as for the calendar and search, the only way I could get them to the middle is by switching them with the posts, which I don't know if I would want to do.

Third, the forums won't be the main focus. They will be the second most important part of my site, though.

The main site will have much more content as I gain more free time to work on it, and then the main site will be the main point of focus.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to mention that I only use flash for the color chart and JavaScript for the navigation.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Fine site! I liked the design and coloration - it's fresh and original I can only advice you to change a bit the size of type - it is too small I think. I have some problems dealing with computers - so your site will be useful for me. Thanks!

Member #
    I'm glad you enjoy it!

I'll take a look at the font size for you.

Stop by any time you need help!

Remove Ads