Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi,

This is my first serious website, please review and give me any comment :-) Thanks.

How to Train a Dog

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quite nice design and informative filling. But I can suggest you to make the right side of the page less empty - for example, you can carry the Table of contents to the right side.

Member #
    Need to center it, having it sat on the left screams amateur

Make the website a bit wider, 900px, centered, and segment the header and footer sections

There's to much info on the home page, should just be a welcome message, a brief rundown of what your sites about and a cute picture of a dog

Member #
    Hi voyage,

Very good work. The two things I would focus on initially is first cutting down the amount of content on the homepage as "bobbymington" mentioned. Or come up with a header/separator design to help break it up.

Also for each section, either with color or a header to let the user know what section they are in. When clicking some sections, the main body content only differs slightly and it doesn't feel like you went to another section.

Quote Originally Posted by voyage09
    Hi,

This is my first serious website, please review and give me any comment :-) Thanks.

How to Train a Dog
    Josh

Member #
    wow! Thanks for the rating and also all the comments and suggestions. Yes. I do think that my left navigation bar is too empty and also too much info in the homepage and load quite slow... I will add more contents in next 2 months and also reduce the information and also may be graphics on the homepage. Thanks again! :-)

Member #
    Hi voyage,

No problem at all.

I have a nice template I used when I needed to separate up the content on a page. It only takes two lines of HTML to implement.

If you'd like I can send you the link to my development server site so you can preview it and/or download it and use it.

Josh
    Josh

Member #
    You need a good CMS that will provide you image gallery and help you in managing the content.

Member #
    A CMS? What.... what...? And take all the fun out of combining different JavaScript libraries?? :-)

Actually if he could install Drupal or Joomla he should be good. There is also a newer CMS out there that has a ton of jQuery lpugins built in as options.

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by Rout
    You need a good CMS that will provide you image gallery and help you in managing the content.
    Josh

Remove Ads