Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I only came on here to get a backlink

But it would be nice to know what you guys think ;-)

Member #
    Hi Bobby,

Great job! Did you do the design as well as the development? I like it, well done sir.

The only change I would make (I scanned over it fairly quickly, rushed this morning) is from a user interface stand. After adding an item to the gift basket, have the "Checkout Now" button show next to the "View Your Basket" button; or somewhere the user will easily spot it. Instead of having to go into "View your Basket" to do so.

Ungus

Quote Originally Posted by bobbymington
    I only came on here to get a backlink

But it would be nice to know what you guys think ;-)
    Josh

Member #
    i did it all baby! i barely knew any html/css before i started it, so i was thrown in at the deep end and had a lot of very stressful days trying to get my head around what i was doing , especially when it came to our bull**** actinic CMS which is all table based and i had to convert it all into divs

my profile: www.melmer.co.uk

good point about the checkout button, but i can't be arsed to change it now

Member #
    Ooo.. converting a small table-based website to css is a work load alone. An entire CMS, wow. And on top of learning it at the same time. Bravo.

I see you have "Web analytics" listed in your experience/skill set. What have you generally done in that area? Any custom dashboard or business intelligence design work?

Josh

i did it all baby! i barely knew any html/css before i started it, so i was thrown in at the deep end and had a lot of very stressful days trying to get my head around what i was doing , especially when it came to our bull**** actinic CMS which is all table based and i had to convert it all into divs

my profile: www.melmer.co.uk

good point about the checkout button, but i can't be arsed to change it now
    Josh

Member #
    my Web analytics experience consists of....looking at google analytics and playing with the pie charts

They're all just buzz words to make it look like i know what i'm doing

"Any custom dashboard or business intelligence design work" i don't even begin to understand what that is hey i've only been doing this a year, ask me next year and i'll be the custom dashboard master

ps i didn't convert the cms, i just told it to show its varibles (example: insert a bread crumb link) to show in a div rather then a table

Member #
    Heh, I'm sure most peoples analytics experience is google based. :-) As you know, it just boils down to stats for a web site at its simplest. But you say "web analytics" and people light up, even though they don't know what it is either.

Business intelligencr, don't feel bad (if you even did). BI is MASSIVE. It covers software, methodologies, practices, etc... I think the acronyms related to it, almost beat out how many acronyms the US Army uses. And they almost all start with B, which really helps in the confusion.

Heh, yup. 6 or 12 months, I'm sure you will be a dashboard master. It's the big buzzword right now, say it and you win 10+ guru points every time. Throw BPMS on your list to. However if someone asks you for BPMS help, run screaming away. :-)

Josh

my Web analytics experience consists of....looking at google analytics and playing with the pie charts

They're all just buzz words to make it look like i know what i'm doing

"Any custom dashboard or business intelligence design work" i don't even begin to understand what that is hey i've only been doing this a year, ask me next year and i'll be the custom dashboard master

ps i didn't convert the cms, i just told it to show its varibles (example: insert a bread crumb link) to show in a div rather then a table
    Josh

Remove Ads