Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    5.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Just finished this project for a client - corporate lawyers in Miami and New York. Whaddya guys think? :-D

Member #
    Hi Steven,

Great work once again. The only reason I gave the "Visual Appeal" a 4 is because I don't like the white "starburst" type design in the background. I found that my focus kept drifting off to the sides and top/bottom as I read through the site. My favorite page was this:

http://www.difalcofernandez.com/blog...-show-me-money

If the background was solid with maaaybe a slight radial fade, it would be perfect.

Joshua

Quote Originally Posted by smoseley
    Just finished this project for a client - corporate lawyers in Miami and New York. Whaddya guys think? :-D
    Josh

Member #
    Makes me want to go right off the site and hire you. Fine if the site were selling layout services. A box for everything and everything in a separate, visually delineated box. It's the photoshop web version of the modal dialog in programming.

I'd rather see the boxes used for separate subjects, these seem repetitious. Both are saying the same vapid things using different empty terms.

Love the text. Good for ten years ago. Almost fits today's market. Probably won't change much ten years from now. Not a trace of timeliness or benefit, lots of buzzwords which seem to promise something ...but have no real meaning and hold out no promise of quality or threshold of performance.

Just the way the lawyers like it, I'm sure. Nothing made me want to click to go deeper. I'd love to know the bounce rate.

In contrast there is Quinn Emanuel First, not that I enjoy Flash when it could have been done better without, but this is an attempt at using the fancy effects for information purposes, getting the user through a lot of case histories in a short amount of time to make a point. Rather than empty slogans, they play up a 90% win rate -- that's what you hire a lawyer for. And it is almost unheard of for a Flash designer to think up a way for the effects to have anything to do with the purpose of the site the way this does.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    DC, D&F aren't trial lawyers... they don't litigate, so there's no "win rate"/ D&F are corporate attorneys - they negotiate transactions and contracts. You don't hire corp. attorneys for their win rate, you hire them for their knowledge and creativity in your specific field. Besides that, this is a relatively new firm, and though the partners have fantastic credentials, they can't advertise that as the firm's history - that would be false advertisement.

Member #
    DC, D&F aren't trial lawyers... they don't litigate, so there's no "win rate"
    You have obviously never had a business deal killed by a lawyer.

Basically everything you've seen in bad client deals multiplied a hundredfold is what we're talking about in corplaw.

There is a lot of information these people could display which gives a business person the idea their attorneys have a philosophy at odds with what business people come to expect. Doesn't have to be history. Nor would any of it be unethical.

What's there now is tempatese gobbly gook. Placeholder text. This is an overly wordy open for business sign, no more.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Excellent work! Well done! If I were your client I would be confident of your reliability as well as portliness. I wish you a success in your business - with such a site it won't be a problem!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by smoseley
    Very professional looking. The only thing I didn't like is the text in your footer needs more contrast for readability.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Quote Originally Posted by andr104
    If I were your client I would be confident of your reliability as well as PORTLINESS.
    You think I'm FAT??? ;-)

Remove Ads