Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey guys, I just recently redesigned my whole website from scratch. This is the first time I've used Photoshop to create a mockup and then converted it to CSS. The comment script I'm using is causing a lot of validation errors on the article pages because it's not written in XHTML. But I haven't been able to find a good alternative and it seems to function just fine nonetheless. The forums haven't been redesigned yet so just ignore that section for now.

I'm more interested in what you think about the visual appeal, that seemed to be the weak point of my old site. As always, comments and critique are welcome.

Member #
    Hi canormorum,

Good work for using a new method for design and development. I like the way you handled the Google Ads.

As usual I'm in rush, so I can't go into a lot of detail. But the right hand column, I'd give it and the call outs a different color scheme, help them stand out.

Here is an excellent onlne tool if need help with color schemes/color theory:
    http://colorschemedesigner.com/

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by canormorum
    Hey guys, I just recently redesigned my whole website from scratch. This is the first time I've used Photoshop to create a mockup and then converted it to CSS. The comment script I'm using is causing a lot of validation errors on the article pages because it's not written in XHTML. But I haven't been able to find a good alternative and it seems to function just fine nonetheless. The forums haven't been redesigned yet so just ignore that section for now.

I'm more interested in what you think about the visual appeal, that seemed to be the weak point of my old site. As always, comments and critique are welcome.
    Josh

Member #
    Well, on the right column, I actually didn't want it drawing attention away from the main content and being distracting while someone was reading. That is a pretty useful color tool, I'll have to bookmark it, thanks.

Anyone else?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I can say that the site looks a bit bouring. Why not to paint it? Meanwhile, I like the way you use types - they harmonize with each other!

Member #
    I guess it is a matter of taste but I found the site very unappealing. I guess that is the way it is with underground art. Just not my cup O' tea.

Remove Ads