Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.6 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.8 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.8 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.2 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.8 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello guys,

I have just made and uploaded my first web page ever, and now I would like experienced users like you guys to review, comment, and give me some suggestions Please excuse that the layout is very basic, mostly because I first heard of CSS 4 days ago. I also know it is missing a top banner, so it looks a little empty. If anyone here knows of a good tool to make a banner/header, then please tell me.

Also, if anyone knows how to make a "div" in CSS position itself relative to (a certain number of pixels below) another "div" so that the ratio always stays the same, I would be very grateful. The most annoying thing that I found when making a website are the different browsers and screen resolutions. Until I find out the above, I will unfortunately have to say, "Best viewed at 1280x800"

Main Site:
    http://computersecrets.eu.pn/index.htm

CSS file:
    http://computersecrets.eu.pn/style2.css

Member #
    Hi Muske,

For CSS positioning, this is a great (and quick/to the point) tutorial:
    http://www.barelyfitz.com/screencast...s/positioning/

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by Muskelmann098
    Hello guys,

I have just made and uploaded my first web page ever, and now I would like experienced users like you guys to review, comment, and give me some suggestions Please excuse that the layout is very basic, mostly because I first heard of CSS 4 days ago. I also know it is missing a top banner, so it looks a little empty. If anyone here knows of a good tool to make a banner/header, then please tell me.

Also, if anyone knows how to make a "div" in CSS position itself relative to (a certain number of pixels below) another "div" so that the ratio always stays the same, I would be very grateful. The most annoying thing that I found when making a website are the different browsers and screen resolutions. Until I find out the above, I will unfortunately have to say, "Best viewed at 1280x800"

Main Site:

CSS file:
    Josh

Member #
    Thanks for that ;-) Really appreciated.

BUT, what do you think about the website? Worth visiting? What do you think about the layout?

Thanks for your help, but I would also like some opinions about the site ;-)

Member #
    Hi,

No problem, I hope it helps. I'm about ready to call it a night. But I looked over your site and took some notes, I'll post them later this morning.

Josh

Thanks for that ;-) Really appreciated.

BUT, what do you think about the website? Worth visiting? What do you think about the layout?

Thanks for your help, but I would also like some opinions about the site ;-)
    Josh

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hallo! To my mind, the design of the site looks puerile. It will be useful to do something with the design and teh coloration of your page to make it look more serious.

Member #
    ^ Way ahead of you ;-) . Been experimenting with new layout. Take a look: http://computersecrets.eu.pn/test/index3.htm

PS: If anyone could figure out how to place the links on the gray nav bar under the black banner, I'd be very thankful ;-)

Member #
    Finally, the new layout is up! I made some changes that weren't in the test version. These are:

*All pages are there now
    *Links (with hover effects!!!)
    *different background
    *Should resize to all browsers and Windows (if not, please tell me)

I hope you like it, and I hop it makes my site look a little more professional.

Member #
    Hello guys,

Main Site:

CSS file:
    I think your biggest problem is visual appeal. I would start there. You also need a lot more content. I have seen similar sites with a wealth of knowledge about speeding up a computer. Good luck.:-D

Member #
    @Kenjpet: I can agree about the visual appeal, but the content I can guarrantee you, is absolutely high quality. These methods are not only combined from different sites and experts, they are also tested and used by myself and many others.

I'll give you an example: Before I applied the specific techniques described about speeding up the startup, it took my computer 20 minutes from when I pushed the button to when it became usable. After applying those techniques, I shortened that time down to the 2 minutes it takes it now. Now that is only one part of that entire guide. If you try to follow that guide, I think you will find that the rest of it is of the exact same quality.

I'm sorry if I sound defensive about this, but I feel at least the content should be justified towards other readers.

Thanks for your comment though, you can be assured that I am working on the visual part as we speak ;-) .

Member #
    @Kenjpet: I can agree about the visual appeal, but the content I can guarrantee you, is absolutely high quality. These methods are not only combined from different sites and experts, they are also tested and used by myself and many others.

I'll give you an example: Before I applied the specific techniques described about speeding up the startup, it took my computer 20 minutes from when I pushed the button to when it became usable. After applying those techniques, I shortened that time down to the 2 minutes it takes it now. Now that is only one part of that entire guide. If you try to follow that guide, I think you will find that the rest of it is of the exact same quality.

I'm sorry if I sound defensive about this, but I feel at least the content should be justified towards other readers.

Thanks for your comment though, you can be assured that I am working on the visual part as we speak ;-) .
    Hi Muskelmann. I think you misunderstood. I wasn't referring to the quality of your content. I was referring to the quantity. I use CCleaner all the time. Please have a look at this site - your competition - and you will see what I was referring to: http://www.computertooslow.com/ You have very good content, just not enough. Perhaps you can get some info from your competitor. I submitted a tip of my own to him which he uses on his site now.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads