Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

My site is not finished as of yet. It's a template that I'm working with as I'm NOT the webmaster that some of you here may be.

I need to add content on most of it and I will need to find a good logo designer. Before I get to far ahead of myself I just want to make sure that the overall look and feel is coming together.

Also, maybe to get some fresh ideas.

Thanks in advance,

www.rexglobal.com

pound away

Member #
    The site's coming along, here are some of my thoughts on it:

1. You have a number of different fonts in use here, I'd try to limit that to two, or three at the most.

2. There's ALOT of whitespace at the top, "Architects For The Information Age" should be closer to the top of the page.

3. The blue text right above "our mission" is confusing. Are those going to be links? They look out of place, and they are hyperlink color, which isn't a good idea to use for regular text: it confuses visitors.

4. The list of your clients (esp. one that size) should go on a seperate "Clientele" page (spelled correctly of course :ichatangel: ).

5. The nav should be preloaded.

That should be enough to get you started, others will be along to agree, disagree, and add more to my list. Welcome to the boards Rex!

Member #
    Thanks for the feedback...

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Not a bad look. Needs to be tied together a little better, but overall, it's gettin there.... follow spluf's comments and you're golden

I'd also add... elements like the free-floating banner in the middle of the homepage need to go. And work out a more logical organization of elements (logos, etc.)

Member #
    Thanks for the comments...

I've been working at it a little more and I've "de-cluttered" the pages.

I think it's really starting to come together now as far as "A Look" that's both consistent and clean.

That being said I now need to start adding the content.

It's too bad I don't have enough time to learn something other than WYSIWYG Frontpage.

Do you guys think I'm improving the site at all?

Thanks

Member #
    I'll tell this is time consuming...

Ah, yes, and that globe! I have yet to figure that thing out. I need to slow it down or just stop it.

I look back on it now and its been 6 years and I never had a website LOL!!! Just a domain name and company with email - and I'm a tech worker!!!

Back to the issue at hand. I guess I'm going to start looking for someone to build me a logo. That's one of the things really missing on the site. The other is getting the right color combo for sure.

It's harder than I thought trying to keep a website unique looking. I've been cruising some of the other webhosting forums and I swear that 60-70% of the sites have the same look and feel to them.

I got some content built into the site today but the first page needs to be done properly. I've been treating it as an end all and it's the lead in.

The first page is "THE" sales pitch for a site. It says one of two things - professional and clean or crap! Mine still has a smell to it...

I need to get that killer format and I'm not in as so much running out of ideas as much as the fact I'm not a webmaster and I can't cut through the code as some can. Put me in front of a network or server sure but graphics today is not like it was 8 to 10 years ago.

OK enough rant, back to business.

Member #
    Hmmm... where to start :classic:

1. You've got two nav systems (left and top) - don't like that, should be one or the other

2. Find consistency lacking between the different pages (layout, colours, text, etc).

Just my 2cents worth

Member #
    If you want someone to make a logo for you, you can post that in the Request a Service forum.

If you're more of a coder and having trouble with the design aspect of the site, you could post a request for someone to make a layout for you and send you the .psd. Another option you have is to buy a template from www.templatemonster.com, but by doing that you run the risk of what you were complaining about: having a site that looks like everyone elses. Good luck!

Member #
    Before i read what everyone else has repied, i'll add my comments.

I clicked on your link up top and the opening page had a nice menu down the left hand side, but the rest of the opening page had next to nothing on it.
    Clicking through the links though and i could see that with a little bit more work, your site will be great.
    I'm not so sure about the black & white world map that shows on every page is worth it. I'd take that part out.

Remove Ads