Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    137 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.7 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.7 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Friend's IT company just went live with their new site. What do you think of it?
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The site looks as it is done professionally - both the design and the coloration are excellent, but I don't like when the text is made in different styles.

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Thanks, comments passed on.

Anyone else?
    The Rules

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    You could have titles for each of your portfolio websites? The boxes for your contact page could be lined up a bit better. I would keep the layout of your pages the same, some are centred and some aren't.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I agree - most of the pages are left-aligned - the page for "Company" and the Contact page are not and so look as if they don't quite belong.

Other than that, nice site, clear info without too much "jargon" - I also really like the logo.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Thanks guys, comments passed on. I'll have to see who wrote the copy on the site.
    The Rules

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    I was expecting a nice design. Got that. No bonus points -- but then it's a design forum -- the target should find it attractive.

On the side scroller. Let's say we're talking about the "outdated site." Two problems. I don't know what the outdated site looked like, so I can't compare and contrast to understand exactly what improved. I know full well the look improved in the opinion of the designer who did the site. Next, when I'm off the site there's always the chance I'll get distra .... uh, wait a sec ... just got an email with a link ....

Oh look. YouTube.....

Member #
    Call me crazy but I don't see anything special with regard to design??

What am I missing here?

The light blue H2 font is hard to read..

I think the design is a little boring...

Honestly it looks like it came from a web template.

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DC856
    On the side scroller. Let's say we're talking about the "outdated site." Two problems. I don't know what the outdated site looked like, so I can't compare and contrast to understand exactly what improved. I know full well the look improved in the opinion of the designer who did the site. Next, when I'm off the site there's always the chance I'll get distra .... uh, wait a sec ... just got an email with a link ....
    Can't remember what the old site looked like. Either it was really basic or just a place holder. Don't get the distracted comment though, care to clarify before the next meme passes?

Orlando Web Des:
    No one said it has to be special After looking at it again, I'd have to agree with the H2 comment. How is it boring? What would you change?

Personally I don't think it looks like it came from a template, but yes, it is a classic layout, nothing fancy.
    The Rules

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Can't remember what the old site looked like.
    Perhaps I was trying to be too cute there. What I meant was having more information than the screen shot in the side scrolling rotator section.

I am a proponent of giving the context. This means, when you're showing your work, you show before/after -- and a brief comment about, say, conversions increasing.

Ask yourself why is a user "visiting the site" in a portfolio? Essentially it's either to see if they like the design ...in the more superficial sense. But it's also to guess what improved over the old site.

Also, in some cases, you get the mid level employee making the case inside a company for contacting you. You want to give these guys cover and conviction with information that will persuade the likely managers who sign off before you get a contact. Providing context allows them to make their case internally.

Cut to the chase, by adding crucial information to the screenshot. The goal should be to keep the user on your site. Whether it's listing the code validates, or increase in sales, figure out what the likely target customer wants when seeing the screenshot ...then give it to them in a caption or callout.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads