Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.4 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.8 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.4 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.2 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello,
    Can you review the site robotbuy.com in general? All comments are welcome. Right now the site doesn't show much products on its own but it is mostly affiliate links, but it is setup now as a framework for future incoming products.
    Also need opinion on two specific points - in addition to your general comment:
    1-This time I left the bad habit of using absolute positioning for divs and made the site with floating divs. How does it look in terms of that? Did I do it okay in general as far as the body and then one big wrapper div and then the rest of the divs etc...
    2-In terms of SEO can you see any items that I need to do better?
    And again, any other comments are appreciated...

Member #
    Doesn't look good to me (as a designer)

I really don't like the blue buttons on the left. They are distracting and hard to read.

Also, get yourself a professional logo designed. The one you have looks like it was thrown together in Microsoft Word '95

I would have a short description under the logo saying what your website provides. Remember you only have about 5-10 secs to catch ppl's attention before they move on.

I also dislike the blue bars on the right side (background image). No need for this. It's ugly and distracting.

All the Google ad's make this site look "spammy" & unprofessional.

The site is aligned to left in my browser, did you want it that way? Usually sites are aligned centered on the page.

Sorry for all the negatives but just being honest.

Member #
    no its okay thanks for your feedback, i will consider it... yes, the site is aligned to left...

Member #
    well, I find robotic magazine in the body header tags and description meta tag but not in the keywords. I find robot magazine in the description and keywords but not on the page. Robot news is in your keyword list but not on the page. Robotics is in your keywords but only 1% on the page. It is not in the title, headers, bold or description tag. Your title is very lacking. Your site may be named Roboticmagazine but that is not a word, keyword or any word that a search engine will know. Use at least one or two main keywords in the title.(This is your most important tag). Those keywords should be in your description tag as well as your keyword tag. There should be no keywords in your keyword tag that are not used on the page. The first thing to do is keyword research to find what relevant keywords are actually being searched for. I'll guarantee you roboticmagazine is not one of them. Decide on what ones to optimize for. Straighten out your tags and then work on your page density including body, header tags, links, and bold text. Once you decide on keywords start at Square one: your title.
    It's a lot of work. Have fun! Good luck.

Member #
    you sure you looked at the correct site? i just checked the index page of robotbuy.com and the title, keyword and descriptions do not contain magazine etc...

Member #
    Sorry guy. I was looking at the site in your signature. Well at least you got some info on that one. Again, I apologize for the mistake.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Your site has interesting contents, but the design is really poor. You should definitely refine the coloration as well as add some elements or even ads on your page for it to look much more attractive.

Member #
    The site is very amateur even to me as a just above average web designer. I find it hard to think that someone who is prepared to pay the amount of money they are going to have to pay for one of your really cool robots, will be impressed by your site. I do not want you to take offence but it seems to me that you have little or no belief in your product as there has been no time spent in developing a brand/identity for people to
    1, Trust
    2, Return to
    3, Be excited by
    I think your next step in becoming an identifiable business is to create a logo which is as fresh and original as it can be, to develop you website by following a few steps
    http://www.blackcountryweb.co.uk/ten...-a-website.htm
    Then lastly, enjoy your success as it will surely come after investing alot of time learning about how to market yourself and your new business.
    Thank You.
    Alan

Member #
    I agree with most of the comments. This was my 3rd website ever, will take your valuable feedback into account...
    Also would it be better if I used Joomla or Drupal? Which one is more suited to an ecommerce site?

Member #
    Unfortunately my friend, this is something I know little about. I am just learning PHP at mo so.... Would love ya to review a site I have just done tho.
    http://www.webdesignforums.net/websi...als_33786.html
    All feed back is welcome.
    Thank You.
    Alan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads