Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    5.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Let me know what you think

Member #
    Not bad to demonstrate programming skill. If you were hoping for the next hot site, unfortunately, FMyLife.com beat you there. To me, it's like comparing the name brand cereal to the generic stuff at the store, the contents of the boxes are probably identical, but people will go for the name brand stuff more.

As far as design goes, it's not bad, but it's not good either. It's a little too boxy for my tastes. Try livening it up a little, for a site that, I believe, is supposed to be humorous, it seems really dark.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hmm, not bad. I kinda Like it.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Facebook had to compete with myspace right?
    So I think its unfair to say "FML" beats you there. Of course it does! its established.i...im not YET !
    Just because Kellogs frosted flakes exists, doesnt mean people wont eat Fruit loops.
    I am TRYING to become a name brand.

the site was supposed to be a little dark, its a place to rant about/read about bad days, i didnt want it to be bright and cheery - i dont know if making it lively would help the site...

anyways thanks for your feedback, appreciate your time

Member #
    I like the concept of the site but the design isn't good IMO.

I don't like the Google ads either.

I would surf the web and get some deign ideas. The design you have isn't doing it for me. Maybe its the dark colors.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    No matter where I go all I hear is oh, i dont quite like the design. Am i just that bad? or do people just want something to point out? I know its not my strong point, but i actually liked the design and i was so proud of the site and then i post on here, and straight negativity about the design..whats so bad about it? i actually liked it..iunno

Member #
    hi
    I agree with posters above, the design isnt that appealing. Especially since your topic is something that is meant to be a fun experience to your visitors, the design doesnt really communicate that laughs maybe expected. great idea though
    Sami

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    But I can't agree with the previous posts about the evaluation of the design of this site - I think it's perfect and very harmonious. I like laos the coloration - it's moderate and reserved. But at your place I should elaborate the menu bar - perhaps it maybe necessary to change fonts or just make it bold.

Member #
    hi aburningflame
    I think you may have taken the critique offered here in a wrong way, its not personal and its offered to help you turn a good site into a better one, I mean thats the reason you asked for comments right?
    Keep the passion its good, but even if your site was super it still wont please everyone. Also the point of any site is not to make the developer happy but the users and visitors, granted the people here may not be your target visitors but still I would recommend to keep an open ear to comments from people who have visited.
    Anyway, I certainly didnt mean to put you down with my comment in anyway, sorry if I did.
    Sami

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    thanks for the encouraging words. I seem to get mixed feelings about the site. Some like it, some don't and im not sure who to believe. I mea, Orlando web design, i looked at their profile and theyre very good designers, so of course theyre not going to like my design because its as they said in a private message "average". Im an "average" designer, im a really good coder. its really really hard to be good at both. But for example ive gotten comments on
    www.alldeathnote.com saying the layout needed work, but i actually enjoy that layout too...anyways sometimes im not sure what to think, i HAVE lightened the site up a bit unfortunately i havent had time to do much, im dealing with a passing in the family and a few other personal situations. thanks for your kind words, i have taken it into consideration. its just so discouraging because i worked so hard on it and actually liked the end product.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads