Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi there,
    I was asked to update our company's site www.robotbuy.ca. I want to hear some comments from professionals in this forum.
    All the constructive criticism and suggestions are welcome.
    Thank you in advance.
    Gerald

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Emma,

Your site appears like it was made in 3 days by a company in Asia for a company seeking (at best) to sell Chinese reproductions of robot toys to the Canadian market.

In short, it needs some work, unless you actually are a company seeking to sell Chinese reproductions to Canada, in which case...

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Site definitely needs some work. Some pics are fuzzy, sidebar boxes don't all line up. I'd also clarify if the prices are USD / CAN. I switched, and the values switched, but it still didn't state what currency the price was.

/sidenote: Johnny 5 robot? and Bioloid Comprehensive Kit? AWESOME. Bioloid's way overpriced when I googled it though.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Hi there,
    Thanks for your comments. Our company is NOT a company who sells Chinese reproduction toys to Canadian market. We are a Canadian-based distribution for robot toys and all products are orginal from brand manufacturers. The constructive comments will be more appreciated.
    Gerald

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    This site downloads really slowly - more tha a minute I can suggest also to change the coloration - try to use yellow instead of green - the design will look more harmoniously in this case.

Member #
    The guy who said it looks like a dodgy Chinese website might be on to something. If your website is not up to scratch visually, other visitors and potential buyers might assume the same thing. You could perhaps hire a professional to cosmetically improve your site, which would be cheaper than a rebuild.

I know some people huff and moan at this suggestion but you have to weigh up what you're willing to invest in your website, to get better results conversions and ultimately purchases. If you are relying on the skills of someone who is lacking, its ultimately the success of your website that's going to suffer. Good websites aren't built without some kind of investment.

I can't really make constructive criticism on the design because whoever built it clearly is more of a programmer than a creative designer. It's hard to find both skills in one person to be honest.

Good luck though, you have a cool niche product there. Just need to nail the design.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Here's some "constructive" feedback explaining my previous post:

The tag line "Link with future" is EXTREMELY poor English, which is only the start of the basis upon which I made my previous assessment.

Add to that other poor use of English like "Shopping from USA?" and "Resources Center", a blank FAQ page, and poor attention to detail on the design, and a Paypal Checkout process....

The whole package reads "Caveat Emptor" to me.

Best of luck. :-)

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    PS - Where are you from? I can tell just from your posts here that you're not a native English speaker. You claim you live in Canada? Are you French Canadian? Maybe you should hire a native-English-speaking copywriter to assist you with the site.

Remove Ads