Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.5 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi there!
    What do you think about the design, the code?
    http://www.sb-graphics.fr/
    It is my second portfolio. I created in xhtml and css.
    I would like progress so don't hesitate to make a critical!
    Thank you! :classic:

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi Stephanie,

love your artwork, don't like your web site, looks straight out of a template library...

Why not make your web site in the same way as your other art?

-Hagen
    Hagen Rose: hagen(at)jxwd(dot)co(dot)uk
    JX Web Development, Bournemouth, Dorset...JXWD.co.uk

Member #
    Hi steph. Your website looks GREAT! I really admire your design skills (i suck at design); however, there are 2 things that i didn't like:

for your links, try using:
    a{
    outline:none;
    }

and, your seo sucks pretty bad. It's ok though, you can't have the best of both worlds

Member #
    @AlexGrim : Thank you for your tip AlexGrim! But I don't understand why my SEO is bad? Can you say what I can do to change that?
    Thank you for your help!

@Hagen : It's not a template but I understand why you say that. I will do another website without frame... and more design!

Member #
    Yeah: your internal site structure lacks some of the competitive edges of one that was structured with SEO in mind; your titles are wrong for SEO; and you're not taking advantage of the non-obvious gains, such as alt text. Also, since you're now in washington dc, you may want to try to target jobs their, to reduce your competition from 'the world' to 'local'.

I took a look at your portfolio; have you only done 2 websites so far? It looks like you mostly do print. You're pretty good

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexGrim
    Hi steph. Your website looks GREAT! I really admire your design skills (i suck at design); however, there are 2 things that i didn't like:

for your links, try using:
    a{
    outline:none;
    }

and, your seo sucks pretty bad. It's ok though, you can't have the best of both worlds
    Alex, are you being seriously honest with this person? I guess you are entitled to your opinion

To me (as a designer), this website looks pretty bad. I would go back to the drawing board on this and try again. Try checking out some design blogs to see the latest trends and styles in web design.

vandelaydesign.com/blog/ is very good.

Member #
    Yes, i AM being honest. When you suck at design as much as i do, you learn to identify those who are better than you. Her website is good looking.

She may not have been born with a silver spoon up her butt, and a Mac book in her hand, and a scholarship to a fancy college like some designers, (those of you with an arrogant attitude, ehem), but she is not bad, either.

Her artwork is better than her website, but her website looks good as well. If you're better than her, then help her, instead of ridiculing her. You sound like you hang out at DesignersTalk forum's (which i've been banned from twice now, for arguing with arrogant designers who pick on new people).

And design boards do nothing for some of us. I look at them all day, every day, and still suck at design. Whenever i get the extra money, i'm just going to break down and pay a designer to do the websites i work on.....

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    lmfao. WORD brother grim. ok. my thing is. before i decided to go another direction from selling design to just making sites i like and learning how to profit from my own work. the thing i never understood was all the guys that work for design companies or firms and put forth their company site as their own and spoke to freelancers like we need these big bulky over stuffed corporate web sites with a sales pitch that could pass for a novel. the site looks better then average. and to compare what applies to a freelance design sight to that of a "top 25 sites of the web" blog is not what design or web sights for that matter are for. its like telling her she needs to buy a sledge to hit a 16p nail. the two suggestion i have is instead of illuminating the links "ball and under-shadow"on hover make the under-shadow gone and just illuminate the ball. and to make the page able to scale down to at least 800px for the new and trendy netbooks. in fact, im on one now . dont try this for design tho. its like building one of those pirate ships in a bottle.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    The site is very artistic but lost in theme. Not able to communicate the work or marketing. Navigation is good.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The design is really tremendous! it is really pleasant to look at the work which has been doen excellently!

Remove Ads