Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.3 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.7 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.7 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.7 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I created a web site to promote the community I live in and would just like some professional comments and suggestions. I am self taught and have a lot to learn by today's standards, but am interested in perhaps doing a few simple pages for some of the locals. This is a relatively poor community and many of the businesses can not afford to pay a true professional. I need advice on what a site like mine would be worth (if anything), and what to charge for a page like the one I did at http://morgantonga.com/cucina.html

Any comments would be appreciated. My site does come up first on a google search for fannin county ems and fannin county fire department, so I guess that is good.

Member #
    Hi there.

Well done for posting looking for critique. For someone that is self taught, you are on the road.

You have good content which is why your sites are probably doing well in the search engines.

I would suggest you check out some of the good design blogs such as vandelaydesign.com/blog/

That may give you some ideas as to where you can take your designs. There are lots of great blogs on the web which teach you the basics of layout cool designs.

Your site is good for a beginner, but you could take it a few steps further. I'm not sure how much you could charge. Maybe $100 or so.

Member #
    Look is not interesting.Load time is fast.Content is interesting.

Member #
    Not bad for self taught, I'd rework the header and maybe the tiled background and it'll make the site visually look better. On the other site maybe 50 or less just because it's very basic on top of that you can buy a template that looks nice for less. If I were you check out some of the many galleries out there to get some inspiration, explore other technigues and see what others are doing.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I appreciate the design and the whole appearance of your website - it is not surprising for me that it gets the 1st place from Google!

Member #
    I find your writing very good. Looking at your navigation I would say you covered just about every aspect imaginable. You have a simple and attractive design. All in all a good job.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    the header has a bit to much blur, and the text right under is hard to read. other then that it looks good, and original.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Remove Ads