Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    5.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi,

I have tried to make an original interface for this website design. As you can see on the website preview, the menu is in the center of the screen and the content is on the sides. The "pages" slides up and down on the sides of the page.

I tought that was original and asked some people about it. I would like to know if there is not too much focus on the menu ? If yes, would there be any changes I could make to put the focus on the content (eg. changing colors, contrast...) ? Or, is it simply a bad design idea regarding websites ergonomy ?

Thanks for your advice.

Member #
    The translucent box on the right doesn't have enough opacity. Give it more opacity to make the text more readable OR change have more contrast between the bg and the text. So lighter text or darker background. Have bigger text, at least 14px. And give some structure to it by line brakes or paragraphs(p tags in html).

Add a strong drop-shadow to the menu on both sides. Use lists, not plain links for the menu structure. Give the anchor elements some padding so there's a bigger area you can click on.

One more thing, having all your content like that on one page isn't very good for SEO.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    From a designer's point of view your site looks perfect! I like the originality of your idea!

Member #
    It is not an English website.Design is good though

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    On smaller resolutions it gets mooshed up in IE8. Why are you using bit.ly?
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Remove Ads