Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

This is my second site, which is for a business.

The business owner is very happy with it, because it includes online ordering and reserving systems.

I still need to add some items to the site, such as staff bios.
    I am happy working on the following: the first, the second, and the third.

Member #
    Egregious and atrocious come to mind. Frankly it does not look like a modern web site, and I would be hard pressed to think this was a real business, it looks like week three of a web design class.

The graphics don't even offer a hint this is a restaurant, nor do they relate to food. The logo is less than what would be expected from an amateur attempting an acceptable logo design.

It's like you never saw a restaurant web design before.

Here's a design I merely dislike, you would have to improve by several orders of magnitude to get to that level of disapproval.

Seriously, there are so many aesthetic and copywriting and layout gaffs, it's impossible to list all of them. My guess? The client is a relative. Next guess: They're lying.

As for not being harsh -- that was the not being harsh version.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    From designerís point of view it would be better if the empty space on the right side of the page will be filled in by some information, for example, ads.

Member #
    for example, ads.
    Normally I might disagree, however as the chance of this design actually selling what it was meant to sell is very low -- yes.

Ads offer the small chance of getting the user to a site they might actually find useful.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by DC856
    Egregious and atrocious come to mind. Frankly it does not look like a modern web site, and I would be hard pressed to think this was a real business, it looks like week three of a web design class.

The graphics don't even offer a hint this is a restaurant, nor do they relate to food. The logo is less than what would be expected from an amateur attempting an acceptable logo design.

It's like you never saw a restaurant web design before.

Here's a design I merely dislike, you would have to improve by several orders of magnitude to get to that level of disapproval.

Seriously, there are so many aesthetic and copywriting and layout gaffs, it's impossible to list all of them. My guess? The client is a relative. Next guess: They're lying.

As for not being harsh -- that was the not being harsh version.
    Thank you very much. For your time checking out my site and for your comments.

First of all, I am not feeling bad at all about your comment of 'week three of a web design class' since you were right to some extent. I am just start learning. And I did not have much time working on the site.

Secondly, you are right about the graphics. Since the business owner has not taken over the restaurant yet (Feb. 1 is the plan), I have not been offered any pictures of the restaurant yet. For sure, I will change those pictures. Maybe the logo as well.

Thirdly, the client is happy because of the ordering system instead of the appearance of the site. He is an experienced restaurant runner of more than 15 years. He is happy with the ordering system for two reasons. Firstly, this will attract a lot of Internet people - in fact, he is offering 10% off for online orders; secondly, because of online ordering, he will have plenty of time to prepare for the food.

Still I need to do a lot. The most recent work was to fix for IE padding bugs. Thanks to 'browsershots.org', I was able to check out my site appearace in different browsers. I've done the basic SEO's, such as sitemap, meta tags. By using Google webmaster tools and Google analytics, the site should be better and better. As for Google local business center, I need to wait until the business is took over by my client.

Any way, thanks a lot. And I'm looking forward to more comments. I have to do better, since I am considering to become a part time web designer.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by andr104
    From designerís point of view it would be better if the empty space on the right side of the page will be filled in by some information, for example, ads.
    Thank you for the comment. Definitely, I need to fill up some of the empty space on the right side, but not all of it. For example, the empty space on 'Specials' page, I would rather leave it alone for now. The reason is that empty space will be filled up with new monthly specials in the future.

Member #
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']According to me, itís not at all satisfying the purpose for which it is meant. Donít seem to be appealing and professional. You need to work on it a lot.[/FONT]

Member #
    I don't want to rag on your site but it doesn't look professional, but keep working on it and you'll get there
    San Diego Web Design Companies Graphic Design Firms in San Diego
    SEO Web Design Internet Marketing Blog Web Design and Online Advertising Blog

Member #
    The design could use a lot of work. It looks like it was made in MS Word. Try looking at web galleries for design inspiration.

Such as: http://www.bestwebgallery.com

Member #
    I'd suggest using a grid system, such as the 960 Grid system. Google it, and use it, along with CSS. It'll look much better just using that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads