Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Project WebCritic.eu is designated to all web designers (amateurs and profesionals). The idea is simple. Submit your own website and let others to express their opinion, rate it and suggest improvements. It is the simplest way to know, what people really think about your website.

Member #
    good site with appropriate colour usage. Appealing. but seems to be over designed. In an attempt to do something different i think you have change the view of whole site. I still feel the login button extra should be at top.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I appreciate the idea of your site! By the way, as designer I can say that your page looks really perfect!

Member #
    As per me I think you need to work on some small but very specific points.

Member #
    salonline: thank you, could you be more specific about those points?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The problem with a site like this is that you're going to get useless advice from amateurs, for the most part. Things like "change that color to a different shade of blue" or "that button is too big".

Most reviews, like most review sections on web design forums, are loaded with critiques like this. Rarely do people mention things about "flow", "usability", "functionality", and "call to action". There are a couple of good critics that come to this forum, thank god, because 90% of the critiques are based on visual appeal.

I've taken the time to write elaborate critiques but it's usually a waste of time because nobody ever follows suggestions, by me or anybody else... unless it's an easy visual fix. Most are obsessed with how it looks rather than how it functions.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Now for your site...

1) There is a horizontal scroll bar on my 1024x768 monitor, a huge no-no.

2) A call to action for your site would be "Submit Your Site". You have "submit your web" and it blends in with the rest of the page. It needs to be the first thing you see on the site.

I click on "submit your web" and it takes me to a login page. I know I'm not registered but I don't see anything that says "First time user? Register Here" It's just a login box. So I look around and see it on the left, right under another login box!

3) There is no main navigation. I have to click on the logo to get back to the home page. I know that, but does everybody?

4) The blue bar on the home page belowthe header that says "Websites critic" has no use there. It's different than the name of the site, and is redundant anyways.

5) The advertisement looks out of place and is distracting. Especially with a new site, leave the ads out. when you get some traffic generated over the next year or two, then fine, but not in the middle of the home page, right in the initial viewport.

The whole layout and nav structure is confusing at best. Little bit on the left, little bit on the right, little bit in the middle, but it just doesn't flow.

I realize this is probably a pretty complex script, and may be difficult to edit and move things around, but right now, the flow is killing it.

Oh, and the colors? They are fine.

Member #
    aeroweb99: Thank you for your help I have made some changes (points 1, 2, 4, 5). Is it better now?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Better. I still think the "Submit your site" should be more outstanding than anything else. That is what is going to get your site moving the most, is getting people to submit their site. That's should be the main focus of the site, hence, the "Call to Action".

Just curious, have you done any user testing? Stand behind someone and watch them navigate through the site. DO NOT SPEAK TO THEM! Watch them and ask questions after the session. This can extract valuable info for you, like the login and register thing that you fixed.

Member #
    You list two keyword phrases. For website critic the only density I find is in the keyword tag itself.
    For web design I find:
    Title: 0: 5: 0%
    Body: 1: 385: 0.5%
    H1/H2/H3: 0: 20: 0%
    Links: 1: 60: 3.3%
    Bold: 0: 13: 0%
    Meta description: 0: 32: 0%
    Meta keywords: 1: 4: 50%
    Whatever keyword phrase you are trying to rank for it is critical to have it in the title tag. This is your most important tag and is what will show up in a search result. Up to 65 characters including spaces will show up.
    The description tag should be 150 characters including spaces and will show in the search results as well. This should also include your keyword phrase and be written like an ad that makes people want to click your site instead of the 9 others they will find on the page with yours.
    I did find your design very appealing. I agree with Steve, point 3 needs addressing.
    I hope this helps you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads