Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi, I started a small forum on my site mainly to have fresh content on the site for the search engines. Please have a look and let me know what you think of the functionality when posting to a thread. It is at Self Defense Forum.
    Thank you for your time,
    Ken :chinese:

Member #
    Ok,
    The first thing I notice when visitng this site is that the logo and text in that huge font dominates nearly a whole scroll. The quite long loading time also, at first, made me think that the logo and text was the only thing on the page until the whole other text loaded below.
    The menu on the top right is way too small. You can hardly see it.
    Now onto the main content on the home page.
    The links on the left in a box are clever but the random images under some products add confusion.
    Also the huge list of links in the center is too long and I lost concentration reading the list after the first few.
    The right column also adds confusion.
    Overall there is way too much content on the first page.
    I recommend sorting your products into categories and then use a horizontal drop down menu to navigate through them.
    This makes it easy for your customer to find what they are actually looking for.
    I strongly recommend you remove your logo and the huge ugly font from the very top and maybe integrate it more into the actual content.
    Hope this helps!

Member #
    Good site with well arranged layout. Navigation perfect. Colour , logo ext gives a decent and professional feel. The theme is new and well communicated.

Member #
    Thank you manner97. I changed the font at the top and used a smaller one. This helped shrink the header which was a good suggestion. I got rid of the product navigation entirely and just put a link to home on the right. The logo is linked but some people are not used to that. I want people to go from the forum to the products. Gotta make a buck!
    I think it is much cleaner.

Thank you salonline. You saw it after the revisions manner97 suggested.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I think it is necessary to present in a structured fashion all the information, because it looks rather scattered. You should pay attention especially to the area under the headline - there is no style of appearance at all!

Remove Ads