Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi,
    Im 14 and have been designing for about 6 months.
    This is my first project that I am submitting for review.
    It is a work in progress and the main function is to do with past pupils being able to register and then their data being displayed. I have completed this system but I am not submitting it for review. Please note any links will not work!!
    URL is shortened because proper domain name has not yet been purchased!
    Any suggestions are welcome!
    Thanks in Advance.

Member #
    Blue background for the content isn't working. Use white with a gray border or experiment further with other colors.

Try adding a white bottom-border to the bar at the top as well as the navigation. They don't stand out enough.

Red goes fine with gray, but deep black is another thing. You should try to adjust the red to fit those black-gray gradients better.

The footer isn't at the bottom of the page. Force it to be the last thing you see on the page when looking down since it has 100% width.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Baniboy
    Blue background for the content isn't working. Use white with a gray border or experiment further with other colors.

Try adding a white bottom-border to the bar at the top as well as the navigation. They don't stand out enough.

Red goes fine with gray, but deep black is another thing. You should try to adjust the red to fit those black-gray gradients better.

The footer isn't at the bottom of the page. Force it to be the last thing you see on the page when looking down since it has 100% width.
    Thanks for your advice.
    The blue background for content wasnt my choice either but the client requested it to be in sync with their current website that has that colour scheme.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    i really dont like the blue either tbh.
    also, the vertical scrollbar for that little small strip at the bottom...i dont know..kind of annoying

also the font selector a A A, is neat BUT not intuitive. if i wasnt a designer, i dont think id know what that was for try just putting

Font Selection: or Font Size: in front of it.

Other than that, looks like a good start.

Member #
    Well at least give it some kind of border to blend it better into the design. + you could try adding a gradient from gray(with a little blue) to that dark blue color so it doesn't look so out of place.

Tell your client their background color choice is horrible.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    To my mind it would be better if you change the color of the square from dark blue to light blue - the page will look much more harmonious then.

Member #
    The blue link does not seem appropriate. The links are not working and the layout , navigation features needs to be worked out.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by salonline
    The blue link does not seem appropriate. The links are not working and the layout , navigation features needs to be worked out.
    Hence why I said "..work in progress"
    I like to work out the small things like links at the very end after the coding is completed. As I said because of the numerous php files required, they all have to have the code integrated.
    I will work on the blue. Can anyone suggest a good blue that makes text easier to read but doesn't make the site too feminie (as alot of blues do- I hope that doesn't make me sound sexist)
    Thanks for your feedback so far.

Remove Ads