Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    1.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    2.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    2.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi,

I have been employed to create a music website for a client.
    The client already has a site and requested I use the already provided logo and colour scheme. I kept things very simple.
    Please let me know what you think.

Member #
    Well...it's very basic, not much to look at.

To be honest if I was your client and I paid for this website I wouldn't be very happy.

Member #
    hmmm - if I am honest - not the best but we all have to start somewhere....

How to improve:

1. I suggest you download gimp which is a free graphic editing software application. I assume you do not have photoshop and gimp is a good free alternative.

2. Please check this tutorial for designing webiste using gimp - http://gimp-tutorials.net/websitetutorial

3. Focus on the home page first and the other pages later. I am sure with the above two points you can improve this website greatly.....

Good Luck !!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpweb
    hmmm - if I am honest - not the best but we all have to start somewhere....

How to improve:

1. I suggest you download gimp which is a free graphic editing software application. I assume you do not have photoshop and gimp is a good free alternative.

2. Please check this tutorial for designing webiste using gimp - http://gimp-tutorials.net/websitetutorial

3. Focus on the home page first and the other pages later. I am sure with the above two points you can improve this website greatly.....

Good Luck !!
    HaHa. Funny enough I do have Photoshop.

Just to let you know. Im 15 and this was the first website I designed from scratch. I used MS Paint for praticially everything. I basically threw myself in at the deep end and I made some horrible mistakes with this site. Since then I have really improved so I decided to go back to this project and do a bit more with it. So far I have done SEO on all the pages which has really helped the hits. Now I am truning my attention to the visual aspect. Im no artist and I havent yet developed my creative mind. I was thinking of doing a complete re design but the problem is that there isn't much content on the site so I am very limited.

That's why with the current layout I think it makes the most of the content but the visual aspect isnt good.

Member #
    The photo of your client was the first thing I noticed. I would see what else he has. I just don't think it is a very good picture. Maybe he has one of himself playing his music.
    In any event, I saw his other site and find yours much better. I just got done reviewing it if you want to have a look at that thread.
    Your meta data is better but still sorely lacking. You use 33 characters in the title and don't convey to a search engine what the site is about. I suggest keywords people will search for like Irish music. And don't just use this one. Do research and find what people are searching for and what you want to rank for. Up to 66 characters including spaces will show up in a SERP (search engine results page).
    Up to 150 characters in a description tag will show on a SERP. You have 161 and don't use keywords as such. Whatever keywords you use in the title ought to be used again in this tag exactly in both tags.

In the keyword tag you list keywords used on the page and only the ones you want to rank for. If it is not on the page it has no business in your list. A lot of people misunderstand the function of this tag and try to list every possible keyword they can think of.

You have only one heading tag a h1 on the page which you have wasted putting "the artist" This is the main heading as to what the page is about and should include your main keyword phrase.

OK, that being said I use a tool for keyword research and did a reverse search for the keyword phrase Irish music. Here are the results. These are the searches per month that are performed globally:
    1. irish music 47,999 2. irish dance music 6,308 3. irish folk music 4,060 4. irish music history 3,127 5. irish wedding music 2,984 6. irish music instrument 2,475 7. traditional irish music 2,354 8. irish music magazine news 2,076 9. irish celtic music 1,859 10. irish rebel music 1,675 11. free irish music 1,654 12. irish sounding christian music 1,343 13. irish traditional music 1,306 14. irish music festival 1,264 15. festival irish music 1,166 16. north carolina irish music festival 2004 1,113 17. irish music downloads 1,020 18. irish music online 1,013 19. irish wedding song sheet music 1,012 20. irish pop music 969
    This is just food for thought. Be aware that if you use the top level keyword phrase there are more people searching for it but there are also more people competing for it. Also a phrase like traditional Irish music has two keyword phrases and will yield 2,354 more opportunities for someone to find you. If you want me to research other keywords let me know. Also, when you decide on a keyword phrase or two use it in the h1 tag and a few times on the page. The only phrase you have any density for now is Brendan Shanahan which I don't think there is much search demand for. Good luck, have fun and let me know if I can help.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi! Sincerely speaking, the coloration is not appropriate for the style the musical webste - I think it would be better to use blue or brown colors for the background and their tints for the main elements of the page..

Remove Ads