Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey everybody! I just finished putting my page to the web so its all published and up and running.Everything should be working on it now except a few dead links to some movie and to some of my traditional artwork because ir an out of space. besides that thought let me know what yu guys think any critiques or suggestions are welcome. thanks!

S.Richards

Member #
    nice clean design. i like!
    although u state that the site was created for 1028x786 i think it would be wise to mayby create another version of your site for 800x600 res as alot of people still use that it.

cheers.

Member #
    I like it too, cool concept. Some of the rollovers appear to not be preloaded, I would preload everything.

Page counters seem like something that belongs on little personal homepages, they look unprofessional IMO. If you want to see how many visitors are going to your site, I'd recommend using a page statistics package instead. If you get professional hosting, and a domain name (which I would strongly recommend), the hosting will most likely come with this.

For your news page, I would only recommend dating the entries if you are going to be updating it often. Right now it looks like I'm visiting a site that hasn't been updated in over a month. I dont update my personal portfolio often, but I don't put dates on it for that reason: it always looks current.

Cool site, nice design, and I love the artwork! Esp. the image for the News page's mouseover...very cool. :-)

JR
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    that looks really good

the only problem i have is horizontal scrolling. This can be sorted by moving the S.Richards logo to the left.

You have some great work on there
    JR

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Ok, I love the rollovers. Coolest thing I've seen in a while.

You should definitely make the page liquid layout (scale it to 100% width).

I don't like how the content pages get wider. You should make your focus circle fixed in size based upon the window size (part of the liquid stuff).

Make your work pop up in a new window or something rather than opening it up in the same window. It's disorienting to get a quicktime movie popping up out of nowhere and your navigation disappearing.

I love your work. You should dress it up, though. Give some materials to butterball and your dino and increse the quality of your renderings.

Great work, man! Keep it up!

Member #
    Thanks

Thanks everybody. Means a lot. Ill take into consideration what everybody mentioned. I might need some help with a few things...as you can see im a beginner in web designa as my makor is 3d animation. Ill let you guys know when things get fixed ok. Thanks again

Remove Ads